Memphis at Golden State

• 4 weeks later...
  • Owner

Brandon Rush went Shaun Livingston on em, def the end of his season, hopefully not the end of his career..

:(

How bad did it look? Did they actually show it on TV?

EDIT: Just saw it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGVzG1NTH9w

Sucks. That's my guy.

Damn that's a tough spot for ZBo too, you could tell he felt awful.

Yeah, he defintiely did.

He even went to the Warriors locker room to apologize to Rush. I believe it was just before the start of the 2nd quarter or maybe half time. I can't remember since I watched the first quarter last night and then the final 3 quarters this morning. But yeah, you can tell he felt awful.

As for the game, Curry's jumper looked a lot better. He still seems to have some trouble getting by his man and I'm not sure how much of that is physical and how much of it is mental. Is he having troubles because his ankle is still bothering him? Or is it because he is hesitant to really push it in fear of putting himself in a position where he may roll it or come down awkwardly on it?

I really liked what Landry gave them for the 2nd straight game. If I was Jackson, I would've had him close out the game and kept Lee on the bench. I might've even went small and had Lee and Landry on the floor together since that lineup worked well for them in the 2nd quarter when they went on a nice run and Bogut still isn't right out there. Landry's quickness and ability to knock down mid range jumpers was a huge asset against the slower Memphis bigs and he was taking advantage of that all night long with his 20 points and 12 trips to the stripe.

I thought Barnes played pretty solid defense for the most part. He did have some plays where he completely lost his man or got beat off the bounce, but he did a nice job of recovering on many of them. Gay didn't really get into a real rhythm when Barnes was on him and he was forcing him into tough shots. On offense, Barnes doesn't really have a role on this team other than spotting up behind the arc, so there isn't a whole lot to say about that. He seemed to get a bit frusturated with a lack of touches so he tried to force some things which led to him picking up his dribble or forcing a pass. It is an adjustment he will have to make as for the first time in his life he isn't the go to guy offensively.

For Memphis, I really liked what I saw from Conley. I thought he played a fantastic floor game. His defense on Curry wasn't great as he lost him on quite a few screens, but he did do a nice job of stripping the ball and playing passing lanes. On offense I have absolutely 0 complaints about the way he played. He did everything you would want him to do tonight and the offense was about 10X better when he was on the floor as when he was off it.

Gasol was the other Grizzly who stood out to me. He had a very nice game as well. His passing in particular is such a huge asset to this team, especially when they have him operating in the high post and he can survey the floor better than when he is on the low block. His ability to find cutters and players spotting up in the corners makes Memphis a very efficient half court offense when they are clicking. Golden State, while far from a defensive juggernaut, was getting picked apart by Gasol's passing.