Golden State at LA Clippers

• 4 weeks later...

lmfao Chris Paul has gotten three exact same layups in a row. Can someone play defense on him.

Pretty hard to play defense when you have been getting called for every little thing all game long. Paul was struggling finishing in the game but was damn near automatic from the line so the Warriors were almost better off just hoping he continued to have his shots rim out.

Barnes came up with two huge baskets late. People are going to give Curry a lot of credit for the Warriors holding on, but I don't think that GS holds onto this lead if Barnes doesn't hit that huge 20 foot jumper off the curl and then makes that runner in the lane. Both shots were huge as they came when the Clippers looked ready to take the lead and had all the momentum on their side. Those were definitely some cold blooded shots by the rook.

On the other hand, his defense tonight was abysmal. He did a terrible job of sticking with Butler on those screens, especially in the 3rd quarter where he lost him at least 5 times and it resulted in 4 wide open looks from deep. He needs to do a better job of being more aware off the ball and fighting through those screens. His man defense hasn't been bad at all these first 3 games but he has had troubles off the ball.

I thought Jack was the best Warrior in that game. He did a fantastic job of running the offense, knowing when to look to pass or when to look for his own, played solid defense and seemed to come up with a lot of loose, 50/50 balls. His statline was good (16/6/7) but I thought he played even better than the numbers suggest. I also loved how he got in Griffin's face after he dove on Thompson's head and drove it into the court. I know it wasn't on purpose on Griffin's part as he was just going for the loose ball, but good on Jack for sticking up for his teammate. That is one thing that I really enjoyed from him when he was a Raptor.

Landry was the best Warrior big for the 3rd game in a row. He really is a huge reason why this team is 2-1 right now instead of 0-3. He single handedly won the game agaisnt Phoenix and he stepped up big time tonight again. They could easily be 0-3 right now given how little Lee has produced. I loved the signing for Golden State when it was announced and it has paid huge dividends so far in this young season.

• Like 1

Did anyone see David Lee telling Griffin to stop flopping:

With a bit more than six minutes remaining in the fourth quarter of the Clippers' home game vs. the Golden State Warriors, Jamal Crawford knocked down a long jumper. As the ball went through the hoop, Griffin and his Warriors counterpart David Lee made slight contact under the hoop, which Griffin exaggerated to make it seem as if Lee had knocked him off balance. It wasn't a particularly egregious flop, but it was the kind of move that Griffin makes fairly often. Lee had seen enough, and so he challenged Griffin with a shout: "Stop flopping!" The players got in each other's faces for a minute before referees broke them apart.

Lee didn't only voice his disapproval as a moral issue — chances are he wanted to draw the attention of referees and make sure Griffin didn't get calls he hadn't earned. But, now that the NBA has come out against flopping with rules (however vague they are), Lee has some force behind his comments that wouldn't have been there last season. It's possible, in fact, that he never would have voiced his displeasure if the league hadn't made its feelings known with new rules.

Of course, Lee hasn't suddenly become part of the NBA-approved vanguard simply because he agrees with one of their rules. Griffin, in addition to being a notorious flopper, is a heavily marketable young star with broad appeal. The league isn't going to turn on him just because he flops, and for all we know they haven't yet issued his one pre-fine flopping warning. In the NBA's world, flopping is only a major problem until it brushes up against other, more important issues.

Source (incl. video)