Brooklyn at Miami

Real Deal

• 5 weeks later...

Nets still look a little disorganized, and Deron and JJ missed a LOT of makeable shots that would have kept the game interesting. They were absolutely pounding Miami on the boards early on, but they were commiting too many turnovers and missing easy shots to capitalize on Miami's mistakes.

Miami's defense is definitely a concern early on this season. They held Brooklyn under 40% shooting, and forced a lot of turnovers, but the fundementals weren't there. They weren't getting back on defense, not cutting off penetration via the 2nd line of defense, and they are struggling keeping teams off the offensive glass. With Joel losing his spot in the rotation they also lost a good chunk of shotblocking around the rim, as well. As amazing as their ball movement and overall play on the offensive side of the ball has been this season, they are really cheating themselves of fulfilling their potential with their lazy defense. In games like this it doesn't matter, but if this becomes a trend it will definitely hinder their chances in the post-season, although they do have the talent to turn it on defensively once they hit the post-season.

Those first 10 minutes were pathetic, we almost let Kris Humphries get a double double in one quarter. Then we just ran away with it, like we have done a few times already. The defense and rebounding is a concern, last year I paid no attention to it and I wanted to tell everyone that brought up to go jump off a bridge, but its extremely obvious this year that our rebounding is terrible. The defense is just us not giving a shit mostly, but the rebounding is just not being able to keep guys from hounding us on the boards.

Also, Kris Humphries should be ashamed...he had like 11 points and 8 rebound in the first quarter, and only finished the game with 11 points and 11 rebounds.

Edited by SRV

I think the roster itself is fine. But Avery's lack of creativity/seeming complacency on both ends scares me. A lot. If the Nets' FO continues to be satisfied with the work he's doing, this could turn into a disaster.

Edited by octoberGR8NESS