Toronto at Dallas

Real Deal

• 5 weeks later...

[expletive]. The. Refs.

EDIT: I thought I had this in this post, but I guess not. Anyways, I'm not saying the refs are the reason for this loss since the team sleepwalking through the first quarter and Casey having Acy, Anderson, Lucas and McGuire on the floor for the first 4 or so minutes of the 4th killed any real chance of them completing the comeback. However, they have been utterly attrocious in basically all of the games so far this season. I never believed the whole "Refs are bias against Raps" conspiracy theory, and I still don't, but this is getting really old.

I feel like they were better today, at least in terms of us getting calls on the offensive end. There weren't many times I was like 'what the [expletive]...' with our players getting hacked. People might want Bargs to get calls, but he is driving to the rim out of control, you aren't going to get calls playing like that.

I think its clear this team is totally different without Lowry. Calderon is the only point guard I know who will get into the paint, then retreat to the 3 point line (almost at his own will) all within a 2.5 second time frame. Its just brutal to watch. Hopefully Lowry isn't out any extended period of time.

On the bright side, Demar put in another really solid performance, maybe the best all around game he has ever put together (can't think of better, could be wrong though). It was nice to see him being assertive, there was a play where he posted, kicked it out, and Bargs (shockingly) threw it back in for a repost. If he continues to commit to being a high post threat against smaller wings, he is going to be a solid player for us. Worth 10 a year? Probably not, but at least its a step closer.

But yeah, please come back Lowry. Please.