Washington at Dallas

Real Deal

• 1 month later...
  • Owner
DALLAS -- Chris Kaman was a starter and finisher for the Dallas Mavericks.

Kaman started only his second game in Dallas, scoring 23 points with some key responses late as the Mavericks held on for a 107-101 victory over the winless but late-charging Washington Wizards on Wednesday night.

"I felt comfortable early. Our guards found me for some layups and got me going," Kaman said. "I was real disappointed and frustrated, myself included, in the team as a whole on the way we approached the fourth quarter. We finished the right way, but we were up (18 points) in the fourth quarter."

Dallas snapped a three-game losing streak since Kaman's only other start.

The Wizards (0-7) got close with a 15-0 run in about 3 1/2 minutes in the fourth quarter.

And they missed a tying 3-pointer in the final minute before Kaman, who also scored the opening basket of the game and finished 10-of-12 shooting, had a strong inside basket and made the free throw after being fouled with 17 seconds left to finally clinch the game.

"Kaman's scoring was terrific efficiency-wise," coach Rick Carlisle said.

The Wizards are the only team without a victory, and one short of the franchise-worst start set just last season when they lost their first eight games.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20121114_WAS@DAL