Atlanta at Sacramento

Real Deal

• 1 month later...
  • Owner
http://sports.cbsimg.net/u/photos/basketball/nba/img21018187.jpg

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- The Atlanta Hawks' challenging West Coast road trip was made more difficult by a flu virus that spread throughout the team.

It also made this victory even more significant.

Kyle Korver scored 22 points, reserve Lou Williams had 21 and the Hawks beat Sacramento 112-96 on Friday night for their ninth consecutive win against the Kings.

Al Horford had 20 points and 10 rebounds for Atlanta after missing the last game with the flu bug. Horford watched the Hawks lose to Golden State on Wednesday while lying in bed in the team hotel.

"This trip has been a little frustrating, but we felt winning tonight and going home with a 2-2 record solidified this trip," Horford said. "I was sluggish tonight and it took a while for me to get going, but I tried to bring as much energy as I could. This was a very solid win for us."

Atlanta shot 55 percent, including an 8-for-15 performance from beyond the arc, while recording a season-high point total. The Hawks outrebounded the Kings 42-37 and had 24 assists.

"We can be a real up-and-down team, we know that," Atlanta coach Larry Drew said. "We preach moving the basketball. We emphasize sharing the basketball and we did a really good job of that. Guys were finding each other all over the place and when we play like that we're a fun team to watch."

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20121116_ATL@SAC