Toronto at Detroit

Real Deal

• 1 month later...

Just brutal lol just brutal. No blaming the refs for this one. Our offense is so painful to watch, we literally never get easy buckets, meanwhile Bargnani butchers every screen and roll defensively and still has no clue what help is.

2 stats I would like to see:

1. Bargnani's percentages on catch and shoots opposed to isolations. Obviously most players probably shoot better off catch and shoots, but I bet he shoots literally 2 and a half times better or something like that. Also, something Ive noticed, when he is in the triple threat, at the elbow or further, his right foot is often his pivot foot. Anyone find that odd? When I play, I tend to prefer my left foot be my pivot, so my right is free. Maybe it's just me, I feel like most guys would rather have their strong foot free. It makes his release look awkward, and flat at times.

In other words, why the [expletive] do we run iso's for him? Especially at the elbow? His low post game is actually not half bad, but his face up game is actually ridiculous, half the time its a miss, a quarter of the time he makes it, the other quarter he winds up getting called for a charge.

2. Opposing team's conversion rates running a screen and roll against Bargs. Literally would not surprise me if this number was > 75%

Edited by Check my Stats

1. Bargnani's percentages on catch and shoots opposed to isolations.

Isolation - 0.74 PPP, 11-29 FG (37.9%), 35.3 score%

Spot-up - 1.07 PPP, 33-79 FG (41.8%), 44.4 score%

2. Opposing team's conversion rates running a screen and roll against Bargs. Literally would not surprise me if this number was > 75%

PnR Roll Man - 0.9 PPP, 9-19 FG (47.4%), 45 score%

Keep in mind that this accounts for Bargnani's man and doesn't necessarily take into consideration plays where he won't hedge on the screen (or over hedge) and not slow up the PnR ball handler enough for the perimeter defender to recover in time. I'm fairly sure that if, say, the opposing PG hits an open 3 off a screen involving Bargnani's man because of Bargnani blowing the help coverage, it would count against the Raptors PG and not Bargnani, so these numbers don't represent the whole story as they show just what the roll man is doing when Bargnani is covering him.