Utah at Sacramento

Real Deal

• 1 month later...
  • Owner
http://sports.cbsimg.net/u/photos/basketball/nba/img21124932.jpg

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Uncertain of his offensive role earlier this season, Tyreke Evans has reverted to what he does best: attacking the basket.

Evans supplied offense in critical times for the Kings on Saturday, scoring 21 of his 27 points in the second half, helping slumping Sacramento beat the Utah Jazz 108-97.

Resembling the attacking guard who won Rookie of the Year honors in the 2009-10 season, Evans has averaged 21 points in the last four games. Perhaps it's no coincidence that the Kings have scored 100 points or more and shot over 50 percent in three straight games, two of them victories.

"We've been aggressive, just trying to attack," Evans said. "If I miss one shot, I'm [still] trusting my shot. I've been coming here after the games and before games just to get extra shots up and it's working for me."

Evans got to the basket and even made a few outside shots. He made 9 of 17 shots and converted all nine free throws. He also added five rebounds, five assists and two steals for the Kings, who shot 54 percent.

"He [Evans] is a tough cover and a big body that can put the ball on the floor and handle it," Utah coach Tyrone Corbin said. "He got the best of us tonight."

The Jazz got the best of the Kings in a Friday night game in Utah. Sacramento squandered a 13-point, fourth-quarter lead in a two-point loss, but this time held on to win for only the second time in eight games.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20121124_UTA@SAC