Detroit at New York

Real Deal

• 1 month later...
  • Owner
http://sports.cbsimg.net/u/photos/basketball/nba/img21132400.jpg

NEW YORK -- Toasted in Texas, the New York Knicks fixed things on their home floor.

Now it's right back on the road -- or subway, for those so inclined -- for the first chance to claim city supremacy.

Carmelo Anthony scored 29 points in only 32 minutes, and the Knicks ended a two-game losing streak with a 121-100 victory against the Detroit Pistons on Sunday.

Steve Novak added a season-high 18 and JR Smith had 15 points and 10 rebounds for the Knicks, who started 8-1 and had the Eastern Conference's best record before a couple of defenseless performances in Texas spanning the Thanksgiving holiday. They were much better Sunday, improving to 5-0 at home.

"We just kind of had a lapse those two games, I would like to think, and tonight was a lot better," Knicks coach Mike Woodson said.

New York takes the short trip to Brooklyn on Monday to face the Nets, a game that was supposed to be the season opener for both teams and the first matchup since the Nets moved from New Jersey before it was postponed because of Superstorm Sandy.

"If we don't get up for this game, then I don't know what games we'll get up for," said Anthony, a Brooklyn native. "It's an inner-city game, New York vs. Brooklyn. To me, going back home, going back to my borough, playing my first game back there is a very special moment for myself."

Brandon Knight scored 21 points and Charlie Villanueva had 17 for the Pistons, who have lost six consecutive games at Madison Square Garden.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20121125_DET@NY