Phoenix at Philadelphia

• 1 month later...
  • Owner
http://sports.cbsimg.net/u/photos/basketball/nba/img21136171.jpg

PHILADELPHIA -- Shortly after the season began, the Philadelphia 76ers rewarded point guard Jrue Holiday with a four-year, $41 million contract extension.

Money well spent.

Holiday had a career-high 33 points and 13 assists, leading the Philadelphia 76ers past the Phoenix Suns 104-101 on Sunday.

The 22-year-old made several big plays down the stretch, one night after scoring only six points in a rare off game in an overtime loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder.

"I like having the feel of the game with the pressure on to take the ball in my hands," said Holiday, who did have 13 assists against the Thunder. "At crunch-time, I think I made the right plays."

Evan Turner scored 16 points, Lavoy Allen had 11 and Thaddeus Young 10 for the 76ers, who snapped a two-game losing streak. The Sixers (8-6) haven't dropped three in a row all season.

"It was a great win for us," Young said. "We take a lot of pride in how we play and we didn't want to lose three straight. I think Jrue set the tone from the beginning with his aggressive play. He put us on his shoulders."

Michael Beasley led the Suns with 21 points while Marcin Gortat added 18.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20121125_PHO@PHI

Yeah, the Jrue thing is kind of odd. Sort of a bizarro contract year. Starts hitting his potential AFTER signing the new deal, haha. No complaints from me though! Just makes me more upset that we won't be able to see him work together with Bynum for a while, if ever.