Portland at Washington

• 1 month later...

Yeah, that was bad. But in that situation, you're not sure how much time is on the clock and your mind is so focused on trying to tie the game. It was actually Wesley Matthews who was open for the potential game winning three...but he was 1-9 from behind the arc.

Yeah, that was bad. But in that situation, you're not sure how much time is on the clock and your mind is so focused on trying to tie the game. It was actually Wesley Matthews who was open for the potential game winning three...but he was 1-9 from behind the arc.

My bad, I don't know why I thought it was Batum. In my defense, I had the game in picture-in-picture so it was just in the bottom corner of the screen.

I understand what you are saying, but at the same time, you have to be more aware out there. There was 9 seconds left when they inbounded the ball and Lillard made his move almost immediately. Hickson should know that based on that there would be time to make a pass instead of forcing that contested, difficult shot.

I honsetly don't think Hickson had any idea Mathews was there, though, so its not like he looked him off or anything. He just had no idea how much time was left or where his teammates were on the floor. Basically, he panicked.