Philadelphia at Charlotte

• 1 month later...
http://sports.cbsimg.net/u/photos/basketball/nba/img21208756.jpg

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Jason Richardson says he knew the Philadelphia 76ers' poor shooting at the start of the season wouldn't last.

If his teammates continue to shoot the way they did Friday night, it might not be an issue again.

For the fifth time in six games, the 76ers eclipsed 100 points as Evan Turner scored 25 and Richardson hit four 3-pointers down the stretch to beat the Charlotte Bobcats 104-98 for their third consecutive victory.

Jrue Holliday added 13 points and a career-high 15 assists for Philadelphia, which shot 51 percent from the field. Richardson had 14 of his 22 points in the final period, and Turner was 10 of 15 from the field for the game.

The recent stretch is a far cry from the first four games of the season when the 76ers averaged 83.3 points per game.

"I was never really worried about that," Richardson said. "I knew we had guys that could score and I just thought we were going through a (cold) streak."

Focused on stopping Holliday and Turner in the lane, the Bobcats too often left Richardson alone in the corner for open looks in the fourth quarter.

He repeatedly knocked them down.

"I was very surprised," Richardson said. "There were a couple of other times I looked at the clock and knew we had to burn some time. But I was shocked they left me open so many times."

The 31-year-old Richardson doesn't play as much as he once did and said the competitor in him clearly misses those minutes.

But he knows spot duty and being used down the stretch is probably best for him and the team at this point in his career.

"That's one of the parts about getting older," Richardson said. "You don't want to admit that you get tired being out there that long. But I'm just doing whatever I can to help this team. Right now it's about winning games and helping Philadelphia win a championship."

Sixers coach Doug Collins called Richardson his "ace of spades" on Friday night.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20121130_PHI@CHA