Toronto at Denver

Real Deal

• 1 month later...
  • Owner

Denver almost choked that game away, even with Toronto playing little to no defense (well, neither team did). That fourth quarter nearly lost it for Denver.

Bargnani and Calderon have to be the most frustrating duo to watch in the NBA...it's like having a dirt-poor man's Dirk Nowitzki and Steve Nash. I mean...super poor.

Lol when will Bargnani and Jose be gone. I think us ridding ourselves of Bargs/BC will be a happier moment than when we won the first pick (then subsequently chose... Barnani. lol.) Seriously, at least Jose tries, its not his fault he sucks. Bargnani sucks AND has the nerve to not move his feet or give anything resembling effort.

Its literally inexcusable that he is still on this team. I can't imagine anyone on the team objecting to him getting moved, or at least have his role transformed into a spot up shooter (which is what it should be).

I mean really - its to the point that we see him give us 23 points on 20 shots, brutal defense, and 4 rebounds (while allowing numerous offensive boards it seemed like), and its one of his best games of the year, and the announcers gush over it.

Edited by Check my Stats

I think us ridding ourselves of Bargs/BC will be a happier moment than when we won the first pick (then subsequently chose... Barnani. lol.)

I'll take it a step further and say that it would be the happiest moment in franchise history and I'm not being overdramatic. I genuinely think that would be the happiest moment in my time as a Raptors fan.

On a side note - glad to see Ross getting some more run. We need to find out what we have with this kid, quick.

Also, look at that Ed Davis stat line. In 17 minutes, he gives you arguably better than Bargs does in 40. [expletive]ing ridiculous, actually so frustrating. 6 points (on 60%) 9 boards 3 assists 2 blocks and a steal in 17 minutes. [expletive] you Colangelo [expletive] you Casey and most importantly [expletive] you Bargnani

• Owner

I guess I'm never going to understand Colangelo's obsession with Bargs. It's even worse when Lakers fans are out there proposing trades to land Bargnani AND Calderon...and I'm over here like, "What the HELL, guys...no."

• Owner

Just run out Lowry-Ross-Demar-Davis-Valanciunas. At least that lineup is going to play their sack off, and will get better.

DeRozan doesn't seem like he's comfortable at the three back on the offensive end, at least to me, but you guys watch Toronto more than I do.

I've been wanting the franchise to take a chance on Ed Davis, as a starter, for a long time now. I swear he could average a double-double playing bigger minutes, easily...and he actually cares about defense.

Speaking of Casey, I'm starting to wonder what exactly goes through his head at times.

There were another two glaring blunders on his part that ended up playing a huge role in this game.

1) Toronto goes on a huge run and Denver looks awful missing everything, turning the ball over and not playing any defense. I'm sitting here thinking that Karl is going to be taking a timeout for 3 straight possessions and even Devlin and Armstrong are talking about how much of a surprise it is that Karl hasn't called a timeout yet. Casey then decides to inexplicably call a timeout after a 2nd Denver turnover in 3 possessions. I guess he wanted to do his old mentor a solid and call a timeout for him or something.

2. Lowry has Faried switched on him 23 feet from the basket with 10 seconds left on the shot clock. Lowry looks like he is just about to make his move and Casey calls timeout, which allows Denver to put their best defender (Iguodala) on Lowry, get their defense set and only gives Toronto 10 seconds to make their move.

What happens at the end of the game? Toronto is down by 3 with 5 seconds left and are forced to throw up a desperation heave at the buzzer after going the full length of the court because they don't have any timeouts left.

After that timeout, didn't we get that wide open Ross look (he missed, but it was the best possible look we could ask for... could be a different play though I don't remember)? I could be wrong, but I think he had a bad feeling it was going to be one of those questionable 30 footers from Lowry. Not justifying it, but there are a lot of questionable things he is doing this year, I just don't get it.

Also, just on RapsTV right now, Leo said we are 3-1 when Bargs scores less than 10. WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED COLANGELO HOLY [expletive]. If I have to see one more cryptic tweet from Alex Rucker about advanced stats I'm going to snap. No one on this team has favourable advanced stats (save for Lowry, and maybe Ed Davis).

Also Demar at the 3 is brutal, you're right. He won't be able to score, but it feels like we don't run post ups for him anymore on 2's anyways, so at least he has more blow by potential on slower 3's than on quicker 2's. Its pretty insane how slow Demar's feet are actually. He looks like Thabeet on defense sometimes the way he gets blown by.

In terms of Ed, I've been on the free Ed Davis bandwagon since Casey got here. He's had it in for him since day 1, its inexplicable. Colangelo must be breathing down the dudes neck. I don't think a coach has gone from revered to people asking for his head as quickly as Casey has this year. Literally, at the home opener he got the biggest ovation out of anyone, now everyone wants him gone (not on that bandwagon yet - still think that more is going on behind the scenes when it comes to who plays and who doesn't... we all remember why Smitch got fired),

Edited by Check my Stats

After that timeout, didn't we get that wide open Ross look? I could be wrong, but I think he had a bad feeling it was going to be one of those questionable 30 footers from Lowry. Not justifying it, but there are a lot of questionable things he is doing this year, I just don't get it.

Nah, the play following that timeout was the one where Lowry got to the left side of the block, pump faked, and then got his shot blocked by Faried after he came over from the weakside.

Ross' 3 came about a minude and a half earlier.

I didn't watch this game because of the Giants playing, but it looks like I didn't miss a whole lot. When the [expletive] is BC ever going to get fired? Its been long over due for so long now. Someone needs to start a petition or something to get him fired.