Chicago at Cleveland

• 1 month later...
  • Owner
CLEVELAND -- The Chicago Bulls got a boost from an unexpected source Wednesday night.

Marco Belinelli, starting his second successive game in place of injured shooting guard Richard Hamilton, scored a season-high 23 points and the Chicago Bulls took control early on to beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 95-85.

Belinelli helped the Bulls bounce back from a four-point home loss to Indiana on Tuesday, a game in which he scored only six points in 24 minutes. He looked like a different player against the Cavaliers, going 7 for 15 from the field.

"Marco scored in different ways tonight," Chicago coach Tom Thibodeau said. "He drove, he got to the line, he was able to catch-and-shoot. He's a very good catch-and-shoot player, so we wanted to play off that. Each day, he's playing better."

"It was good for me to get going early, and my teammates looked to find me, which was good," Belinelli said. "I was just going to be aggressive and keep trying my best."

Luol Deng added 22 points for Chicago, which went ahead for good less than two minutes in and shot 66.7 percent in the first quarter.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20121205_CHI@CLE