LA Lakers at New Orleans

• 1 month later...
  • Owner

Its incredible how bad Rivers is. Has any player ever been so highly touted, still get decent praise through college, then be so bad? Seriously, he has no business playing in the NBA right now.

I figure someone thought of Adam Morrison right when they read that...but at least Morrison had a decent rookie season. Rivers has been a train wreck so far.

What's laughable is...using 82games and Basketball Reference, Rivers is the worst on the team in 82games' Simple Rating, and he's second worst in Offensive Rating and PER, and dead last in Win Shares, lol.

It doesn't help that he's playing some PG, but even then, I'm kind of shocked to see him shooting THIS BAD from the floor. He has a TS% of just 39%.

Its incredible how bad Rivers is. Has any player ever been so highly touted, still get decent praise through college, then be so bad? Seriously, he has no business playing in the NBA right now.

Rivers is super talented IMO. But he should've stayed another year in College. At least.

The problem I have with Rivers is he is clearly a tweener - he is a SG (with a 2-guard mentality--score) in a PG's body. That can definitely spell trouble if the player isn't A. Fully developed (mostly mentally), which he clearly isn't. But also B. When he's not a real consistent jump-shooter.

That's the problem, he isn't talented. His handle isn't as great as people made it sound, and he is stupider than me out there, and his jump shot is super broken, and he can't finish at the rim (seriously.. watch him play, the number of times he drives right then throws up and out of control "layup" from just outside the paint.. its insane).

Its okay if his mentality is to score, I can live with a rookie point guard struggling at point guard duties, but he has given no indication he can score at this level - not even glimpses. At least someone like Waiters has shown flashes despite sucking major dong, Rivers actually blows.

and he can't finish at the rim (seriously.. watch him play, the number of times he drives right then throws up and out of control "layup" from just outside the paint.. its insane).

Yeah he's shooting an AWFUL 40% on non-jumpers this season, and he gets 20% of those attempts blocked.

He got in the NBA off his last name. He'll be out of the league by the time his rookie contract runs out.