Lakers after Nate?

(Nate) Robinson won’t command nearly as much in salary, but his popularity as an electrifying 5-9 guard and two-time Slam Dunk champion could be valuable as an attraction in some small markets. According to one league source, the Lakers inquired about Robinson’s availability after his 33-point performance at the Staples Center on Dec. 16. Kobe Bryant has expressed adoration for Robinson and owner Jerry Buss was said to be smitten after that game. The Sacramento Kings also were close to a deal for Robinson and Jeffries before the trade deadline and there are indications that the deal could still take place this summer.

Robinson had a breakthrough season statistically – career-high 17.2 points per game – but his ball-dominating, one-on-one mentality does not fit well in Mike D’Antoni’s system. The Knicks drafted a rugged point guard, Toney Douglas, the 29th overall pick on Thursday and are also in the market for a starting point guard with the plan to move Chris Duhon to a backup role this season.

[source]

So what do you guys think?

I sincerely don't see what people see in Nate. Great, what he's done is cool, but I could care less when his team was as dismal as it was last year. He's a glorified scoring guard, and those come a dime a dozen. I would pass, because he has very little qualities other then scoring, and perhaps handling the ball a little.

• Like 1

Please don't LA, you got your young point guards, let us have Nate. He keeps a little hope alive in NY.

Nah man, Nate is a nice spark plug to our team, but he's certainly replacable. Getting rid of him for something we need more (like a pure shooter, or a pure passing STARTING pg) would be far more valuable to the future of our franchise.

I think we should sign and trade him to someone for something valuable.

I agree. Like a starting caliber, pass-first PG or a pure shooter.

I sincerely don't see what people see in Nate. Great, what he's done is cool, but I could care less when his team was as dismal as it was last year. He's a glorified scoring guard, and those come a dime a dozen. I would pass, because he has very little qualities other then scoring, and perhaps handling the ball a little.

I agree. He's a spark plug to any team off the bench. "Instant offense" you could say. But, like you said, he really doesn't do much more than that. Look, he's a fun player to watch and I've enjoyed him the past few seasons for my favorite team when things haven't been going to well in the win column, but he just isn't as great as people make him out to be.

I wish we can sign and trade him to L.A. for Trevor Ariza. Do you guys think L.A. would do that straight up?

Probably not, sadly. What I do wish is we never got rid of Ariza. :)