Toronto at LA Clippers

• 1 month later...

A couple of gems that stood out to me:

- Asked a question about Bargnani getting his consistency back (which was funny in its own right considering he has never been consistent) and he mumbles a few words and immediately spins it around to blame Bargnani's struggles on Lowry' injury and DeRozan's inconsistency, even though Bargnani sucked prior to Lowry's injury and DeRozan has probably been the most consistent Raptor outside of Amir. Sure, he is consistently average, but you at least know what you are generally going to get for him. But no, the reason Bargnani has been inconsistent is because the inconsistency of those around him is rubbing off on him. Good lord. :lol:

- Vehemently denies that there isn't a talent issue on this team despite the fact that they have been starting Landry Fields, Dominic McGuire, Mickael Pietrus and Linas Kleiza at the 3, a raw rookie centre (I like Valanciunas, but on a team where talent isn't an issue, he is likely the backup) and have a grand total of 2 players (Davis and Lowry) who have a PER higher than what is considered average.

- Criticized Ed Davis for his energy and compete level. What!?

- Brought up when he started 0-13 in Phoenix, made a trade for Jason Kidd and them make the playoffs. Well, I'll be damned. All this team needs is to trade for a Jason Kidd in his prime type of player. Problem solved.

EDIT: I actually forgot Amir so the Raptors have 3 players with a PER above 15.

Why would the Clippers send a 2nd defender at Valanciunas when he is 13 feet from the hoop? I realize Jordan isn't much of a man defender, but at this point in his career there is no reason to send a 2nd defender at Valanciunas anywhere on the floor (unless he has a small on him) let alone that far from the hoop. Their stupidity led to a wide open Kleiza 3.

Now they completely fall asleep on the weak side and give up an unobstructed path to the hoop for DeRozan who converts on quite possibly the easiest half court ally oop imaginable.

I understand that the Clippers are going to win this game anyways because they are simply 10X more talented than the Raptors are, but there is some serious lack of focus going on for the Clippers defensively.

Even offensively there has been 2 straight possessions where they didn't even recognize the Raptors were in a zone.

Sure, Bargnani made that 3 but it was a ridiculous shot when you consider DeRozan, who has been one of the most effective players in the post in the league this season, had Paul switched on him. That was about a half foot, maybe even more, size advantage for him and Bargnani chucks a 26 foot 3 instead.

I know Kleiza is a huge chucker, can't really defend and is streaky as hell, but I really like him and always have. He is very limited ever since all the knee problems sapped him of most of his athleticism and mobility, but at least he plays with heart and has balls.