Golden State at Charlotte

• 2 months later...
  • Owner
http://sports.cbsimg.net/u/photos/basketball/nba/img21353115.jpg

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Unlike his previous two trips to Charlotte, Stephen Curry said he didn't have any butterflies as he stepped on the court Monday night.

Call it veteran experience -- or maybe it's just supreme confidence given the way he's playing right now.

Curry put on quite a show for his hometown fans, finishing with 27 points, seven assists and seven rebounds to lead the surging Golden State Warriors to a 104-96 win over the struggling Charlotte Bobcats.

Curry, who grew up in Charlotte and made a name for himself when led nearby Davidson College to the brink of the Final Four in 2008, shot 10 of 22 from the field and hit four 3-pointers.

It was his eighth straight 20-point game, a career best, and he pushed his season scoring average to 20.0 per game.

"This meant a lot," Curry said. "I didn't play here last year because I was hurt and we got beat. But the anticipation was high for this game. Seeing my family and to have a performance like we did tonight was definitely the icing on the cake."

Aside from winning, Curry said the best part was looking into the crowd and seeing his former coach Bob McKillop waving at him.

Curry caught fire in the third quarter, hitting three 3-pointers and scoring 15 points on 5-of-8 shooting -- all while his 5-month-old daughter Riley slept in his wife Ayesha's arms in the stands.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20121210_GS@CHA