New York at Brooklyn

Real Deal

• 2 months later...

Pez is a game-time decision. Avery says it's unlikely he will play.

We desperately need to see Utah Deron for more than just one or two games at a time. I'm glad MarShon played well yesterday, and hopefully that earned him some more time on the court tomorrow. We need all the offensive help we can get.

And that was an offensive foul by Kidd. Bad call IMO.

LOL. That's ridiculous. It's probably a no call, but an offensive foul? Stop.

I don't even give a shit how we lost. This loss is on Avery, not doubling Melo, not calling a TO, playing [expletive]ing Stack in crunch time when he's played like ass all game

I agree. Stackhouse being in at the end was rather surprising. And he took Blatche out during that stretch in the 3rd/early 4th when the Knicks had no answer because he picked up his fourth (cheap) foul. I would've kept him in.

I actually think the Nets gave us some bigger problems tonight with Lopez being out. By playing small, Chandler seemed neutralized. Chandler's defense was wack as hell.

JR Smith was HUUUGEEE for the Knicks. Everyone will talk about Melo and Kidd, and rightfully so - but JR Smith had a stretch in the 3rd and early 4th quarter where he kept the Knicks in the game with 3 or 4 real big jumpers.

Biggest difference tonight? Knicks have Melo, Brooklyn doesn't.

Edited by JYD

LOL. That's ridiculous. It's probably a no call, but an offensive foul? Stop.

It was an offensive foul. You see the view from the opposite baseline. Contact was completely intitiated from the leg kick. It's the same reason why the pump fake/jump into defender on jumpers is trying to be outlawed and called offensive fouls.

I actually think the Nets gave us some bigger problems tonight with Lopez being out. By playing small, Chandler seemed neutralized. Chandler's defense was wack as hell.

Miami played them small and Chandler destroyed them. I think Blatche was just playing extremely well, period.

It was an offensive foul. You see the view from the opposite baseline. Contact was completely intitiated from the leg kick. It's the same reason why the pump fake/jump into defender on jumpers is trying to be outlawed and called offensive fouls.

Miami played them small and Chandler destroyed them. I think Blatche was just playing extremely well, period.

No, that should not be an offensive foul. His legs spread a little bit, but you could also say that's how a person shoots. We know that's not Kidd's shooting style, but his legs did not spread that excessively to the point where he was really flailing.

Plus, even if you do deem that he flailed his legs, why should that be called an offensive foul? The basket should count, the shot was released a few seconds prior. It has absolutely nothing to do with the shot.

No, that should not be an offensive foul. His legs spread a little bit, but you could also say that's how a person shoots. We know that's not Kidd's shooting style, but his legs did not spread that excessively to the point where he was really flailing.

Plus, even if you do deem that he flailed his legs, why should that be called an offensive foul? The basket should count, the shot was released a few seconds prior. It has absolutely nothing to do with the shot.

His legs didn't spread "a little bit." His left leg was in its regular position, with his right leg spread as far as it could go to initiate contact. When an offensive player initiates contact like that, for the purpose of deception especially, it's an offensive foul.

Kobe did essentially the same thing, but instead flailed his arms for the purpose of initiating contact/deceiving refs, accidently hit Manu in the face, and got suspended for a game because of it back in 06-07.