New York at Brooklyn

Real Deal

His legs didn't spread "a little bit." His left leg was in its regular position, with his right leg spread as far as it could go to initiate contact. When an offensive player initiates contact like that, for the purpose of deception especially, it's an offensive foul.

Kobe did essentially the same thing, but instead flailed his arms for the purpose of initiating contact/deceiving refs, accidently hit Manu in the face, and got suspended for a game because of it back in 06-07.

I'm not going to go back and forth, so we'll just have to agree to disagree...I definitely don't think it was an offensive foul, nor should it have been a defensive foul. I wouldn't of called anything since it had no barring on the shot ... at all.

That was a offensive foul hundred percent. His legs didnt spread and he dosnt shoot like that or any of that bullshit. He made the shot tho so i dont think that should really matter. Kidd was clutch and smart like usual.

Other then that the Nets really blew it tonight. They were passing the ball around and getting greats shots in the begining and just got away from it. I honestly thought it wasnt going to be close they really suprised me tonight. Got me all excited just to lose it at the end to of course Jason Kidd.

Lol. I don't understand how something is an offensive foul when it creates no advantage for the offensive player or his shot.

Running over someone on a fast break, pushing off with a left forearm to create space...those are clear offensive advantages for the offensive player.

Flailing your legs after the ball is midway thru the air is not an advantage for the offense, so it should not be a foul. It shouldn't be a defensive foul either, because Stackhouse (I think it was Stackhouse who ran out to contest) has the right to contest the shot.

Lol. I don't understand how something is an offensive foul when it creates no advantage for the offensive player or his shot.

Running over someone on a fast break, pushing off with a left forearm to create space...those are clear offensive advantages for the offensive player.

Flailing your legs after the ball is midway thru the air is not an advantage for the offense, so it should not be a foul. It shouldn't be a defensive foul either, because Stackhouse (I think it was Stackhouse who ran out to contest) has the right to contest the shot.

The point is, Kidd initiated contact, and that contact was violent enough to warrant a foul, end of story....