LA Lakers at Cleveland

• 2 months later...
Kyrie Irving expected back vs. Lakers

Updated: December 10, 2012, 2:03 PM ET

The Cleveland Cavaliers expect injured guard Kyrie Irving to be available to play Tuesday against the Los Angeles Lakers. Irving, who has missed 11 games due to a fractured left index finger, has been cleared to resume practice Monday, the team announced. The second-year star initially was expected to be sidelined for at least four weeks.

Irving, 20, is averaging 22.9 points and 5.6 assists -- both team highs -- in 10 games this season. The reigning NBA Rookie of the Year has not played since Nov. 18, and the Cavaliers have gone 2-9 during his absence.

The Cavs also stated that rookie guard Dion Waiters (ankle) is questionable against the Lakers.

Source

Lol this Los Angeles team is so horrifically bad right now. When Kobe scores over 40pts on good percentages and Dwight goes for like 20/20, they should NOT be losing to one of the worst teams in basketball.

This is getting really embarassing. At least when Miami first got together they showed some flashes of brilliance during their 9-8 start. I understand they have injuries and got rid of 2 coaches already, but they have pretty much shown nothing so far to make anyone believe they are a true contender. They really need to do whatever it takes to put better role players around their stars...if that means trading Gasol for role players and no big names, to make them more athletic/deep/balanced, then so be it. Something NEEDS to be done, this is ridiculous.

Dwight Howard should be getting double digit shot attempts every night, no excuses. It blows my mind that he only ended up with 9 shot attempts tonight. It's a sorry excuse to say that he isn't getting more shots because of his woes at the free throw line.

We're investing too much on Nash's return. You've got to be a fool to think that this team will take on a completely different identity once he returns. We've got bigger concerns.

As of right now I'm hoping we can just play .500 basketball until Nash's return; give Pau and Nash a week together only to learn that Pau is done. That'll give management can cover up their mistake of signing D'Antoni by making some sort of miracle trade.

Lol this Los Angeles team is so horrifically bad right now. When Kobe scores over 40pts on good percentages and Dwight goes for like 20/20, they should NOT be losing to one of the worst teams in basketball.

This is getting really embarassing. At least when Miami first got together they showed some flashes of brilliance during their 9-8 start. I understand they have injuries and got rid of 2 coaches already, but they have pretty much shown nothing so far to make anyone believe they are a true contender. They really need to do whatever it takes to put better role players around their stars...if that means trading Gasol for role players and no big names, to make them more athletic/deep/balanced, then so be it. Something NEEDS to be done, this is ridiculous.

Exactly what i said when i saw the final score. Even with Nash and Gasol out they should not be losing to teams like the Cavs. Something is wrong with this team other then just missing Nash. I believe hes going to make a huge difference in running D'Antoni's offense obviously becuase of their days in Phoenix but i dont think that is foing to solve everything wrong with them. Everyones putting to much pressure on Nash returning.

Lol Marc Gasol was an unproven rookie that played overseas. Nobody knew that he would become a all star. What else did you guys give up again? Javaris Crinenton (sp), how is he doing? Oh and two first rounders that might as well been 2nd rounders.

Yes I know. But the notion that we got Pau for nothing is stupid. Baseball teams always trade prospects

At the time is was pretty much nothing. 1st rounders in basketball generally mean very little (outside of lottery picks, obviously).

• Owner

Actually, a few of us Lakers fans were hoping we could keep Marc Gasol. At the time, we were dead-set on Garnett, anyway...and we were happy to get Pau, no doubt, but there was word that San Antonio was considering him over Marcus Williams, and Dallas wanted him at 50.

People knew he was going to be good, by how he played in Spain, but it's just so difficult to take a big chance on someone like that unless they are putting up incredible international numbers, and Marc was always in the shadow of his brother.

The same thing happened with Manu Ginobili, really...and, ironically, it was the Spurs swooping in and landing him 57th.

Of course, 90% of the Lakers fanbase only cares about the Lakers, and that percentage really didn't give a shit about Marc (didn't know anything about him, at all), but some of us saw something there.

I never thought he'd be an all-star center, though...but on the old OTR, I did state he could be a legitimate starter someday. I also had him (and Joakim Noah) high on my draft board over at Clublakers (back in 2007)...

Got a few probelms..

Marc Gasol way too high. He be a late second if at all drafted.

Mike Conley will go to atlanta as they desperately need a PG more then even a big man which I think they will use with the 11th pick and get noah. Noah is way too high. Don't think the c's take him especially since they already Al at the 4 who they are real high on. I also don't think they will get with another project in Yi. Gasol is tired of losing and I think they will outright trade the pick or get someone ready to play.