Brooklyn at Toronto

Real Deal

• 2 months later...

9 points in 9 minutes? Naturally sub off the rookie for a guy who is a borderline NBA 12th man. Wow. Davis and Valanciunas have been poor statistically this year, but I am still so intrigued by that frontcourt.

EDIT: Poor statistically when sharing the floor together.

Edited by Check my Stats

it wasn't i rewound and put in slow mo, cj watsons back foot landed in the back court when he came down, and lol @ complaining about yesterday, if that call was ever made with 24 seconds left against the offensive player id die lmao, for either team, shoulda been a no call, w/e he missed FT anyway

he sucks and we play better without him in the lineup, I don't see what the problem is with being happy about him not being in the lineup for the foreseeable future.

if he sucks and your better without him in your lineup thats a decision your coach should make, you shouldn't be happy about players getting injured, especially players on your own team, pretty crummy

if he sucks and your better without him in your lineup thats a decision your coach should make, you shouldn't be happy about players getting injured, especially players on your own team, pretty crummy

Well when the coach obviously isn't making the right decision to take him out of the lineup and this is the only way he's being taken out of the lineup then I'm going to be happy. I never said I was happy he was injured, I said I was happy he was out indefinitely. If I said, "Barg has a torn ligament in his arm :yahoo: :yess: " then that would be crummy. Even then, its not hes got a serious injury. Your acting like his careers at risk or that its some tragedy thats going to affect his life that I'm celebrating.

You guys were down by 4 anyways.... after the call we didn't get yesterday I don't want to hear it

But I agree, it was over and back

Sure it likely wouldn't have made a difference in the game since the Raptors were down 4 but you never know.

Toronto could've got a quick 2 and Brooklyn could've turned the ball over on the inbounds or split a pair of free throws. Maybe Toronto hits a 3. Suddenly it is a 3 point game, maybe even 2 if the Nets don't make their freebies, and Toronto has a chance to win it or send the game into overtime.

What happens if the Nets turn the ball over trying to inbound it, which actually did happen on their next possession?

Is it highly unlikely that things would play out that way? For sure, especially since Toronto isn't a good 3 point shooting team, but stranger things have happened.

By no means am I saying that play decided the game or anything because it definitely did not. I was just pointing out what I thought was an obvious blown call at the time.

PS: Don't even get me started on not getting calls. The Raptors have gotten the short end of the whistle way more times than the Nets have this season.

Even then, its not hes got a serious injury. Your acting like his careers at risk or that its some tragedy thats going to affect his life that I'm celebrating.

I wouldn't go as far as saying his career is at risk or anything, but depending on the extent of the tear, this could actually be a pretty serious injury.

A torn ligament in the elbow of your shooting arm (at least, I believe he fell on his right arm, can't remember for sure) isn't something that you just take a few days off and return good as new. It could definitely keep him out of the lineup for a significant amount of time.

Depending on the severity of the tear, Bargnani could potentially need surgery and miss the entire season. If I had to guess, I'd say he is out for a month at the minimum.

Sure it likely wouldn't have made a difference in the game since the Raptors were down 4 but you never know.

Toronto could've got a quick 2 and Brooklyn could've turned the ball over on the inbounds or split a pair of free throws. Maybe Toronto hits a 3. Suddenly it is a 3 point game, maybe even 2 if the Nets don't make their freebies, and Toronto has a chance to win it or send the game into overtime.

What happens if the Nets turn the ball over trying to inbound it, which actually did happen on their next possession?

Is it highly unlikely that things would play out that way? For sure, especially since Toronto isn't a good 3 point shooting team, but stranger things have happened.

By no means am I saying that play decided the game or anything because it definitely did not. I was just pointing out what I thought was an obvious blown call at the time.

PS: Don't even get me started on not getting calls. The Raptors have gotten the short end of the whistle way more times than the Nets have this season.

After looking at it again, it wasn't even over and back.

Yup