Cleveland @ L.A. Lakers

He's shooting 34% from three...I don't see how one banked in 3 makes up for the loss.

And maybe they didn't play the way they normally play because the Cavs did a good job on defense, keeping Bynum and Odom quiet and Artest and Gasol contained

I'm sorry but Moon will never put up 13 points on us again. 6-7 shooting, talk about a lucky night.

I'm sorry but Moon will never put up 13 points on us again. 6-7 shooting, talk about a lucky night.

WOW lmao...actually starting to make me sick hearing this. Moon's "lucky night" is the excuse for this loss?

What's next....the Lakers got bad calls (because they were complaining after almost every possession, so they must be right).

Jamario has had about 10 games this year with 8 points or more....is it that beyond him to score 13?

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

13 points and that's the excuse for this Laker loss. 13 points. He didn't even have more than 15 yet it's substantial enough to blame because there's no way the Cavs couldn't have just beaten the Lakers.

I saw another replay of Fisher cheap shot to Mo....he better be suspended. Makes me sick.

I'm sure the national media will still downplay this. Mo lead in scoring which shows so much about how much he has improved. He is beginning to sho up even more against the elite teams.

With wins in Orlando and LA, this team looks much more promising in these big time games than last year.

Still though it seems like Kobe is the best in the media's eye which is something Cavs fans have grown to live with lately.

Wait till we get Leon Powe back....we will be a force to be reckoned with.

Guest California Dreamin'

No excuses for LA. The refs were horrible, but the Cavs played better, had more energy, and made more hustle plays. The Cavs wanted the game more. Kobe got no help from anyone on the Lakers.

The Celtics are still the best team in the East.

• Owner

Garbage game. I'll forget about it by morning. Here's the breakdown:

Kobe Bryant - shot poorly from the field, had turnovers that weren't his fault, did everything else right on the court and didn't get four very obvious calls as he attacked the rim most of the night

Pau Gasol - not much on offense because he couldn't position himself in the post, didn't roll off of screens correctly, and his defense sucked

Andrew Bynum - no offense, no defense, no nothing

Ron Artest - needs to start posting up weaker players, defense was okay but I would've rather had Kobe defending LeBron (he would've done a better job)

Derek Fisher - nothing on offense, absolutely nothing on defense (as always)

Lamar Odom - nothing on offense, terrible on defense

Shannon Brown - didn't get the playing time to matter, which is too bad because he's better than Fisher

Jordan Farmar - needs to be traded

Sasha Vujacic - garbage time scoring, needs to stop looking like a fool trying to defend LeBron James

It's nothing to stress over, really. By the end of the third, I was actually just laughing. I'm really, really glad that Kobe stayed on the court until the very end, though. That was by choice, I believe (looked like he yelled over at Phil to keep him in) and was a statement of him not wanting to give up.

Basically, Cleveland beat us with much more than just LeBron James. They attacked our bigs and forced them to beat us on the other end of the floor, and they didn't. Throwing everything and the kitchen sink at Kobe worked, and it was Gasol, Bynum and Odom who couldn't do anything with the ball when they had it in their hands, and that led to our demise.

I'm sure the national media will still downplay this. Mo lead in scoring which shows so much about how much he has improved. He is beginning to sho up even more against the elite teams.

With wins in Orlando and LA, this team looks much more promising in these big time games than last year.

Still though it seems like Kobe is the best in the media's eye which is something Cavs fans have grown to live with lately.

yeah i wish i could say that same about Walton

lol Real and I are on the same page

Edited by Confidence

Wait till the playoffs :lol:

You told me the Cavs were last year's best team

• Owner

By the way, for those saying there were/weren't bad calls...there were, and the majority of them didn't favor LA.

Problem is, that wouldn't have mattered. If we had gotten all of those calls, we would've still lost this game. With Kobe being the best player on the floor DESPITE shooting poorly, that's going to be a problem even if it's against the Nets or Wolves.

By the way, for those saying there were/weren't bad calls...there were, and the majority of them didn't favor LA.

Problem is, that wouldn't have mattered. If we had gotten all of those calls, we would've still lost this game. With Kobe being the best player on the floor DESPITE shooting poorly, that's going to be a problem even if it's against the Nets or Wolves.

So how did one poor night turn the Lakers from being the best team in the league to being worried about the Nets and Wolves? :lol:

• Owner

So how did one poor night turn the Lakers from being the best team in the league to being worried about the Nets and Wolves? :lol:

I never said I was worried about that, I said it becomes a problem if Kobe plays bad against those teams, but...

1) how many times does Kobe play bad against them, anyways?

2) we won't see either of them in a playoff series

If New Jersey and Minnesota (or any other bottom-feeder) decided to put a very good defender on Bryant, doubling him as well, and they found success in doing that (or if Kobe just shot bad, like he did tonight), we'd struggle to win those games.

Truth is, I believe we lose most of our games because we are lazy, and we have a couple of S-T-U-P-I-D players that get way too much playing time. Phil Jackson doesn't give a damn about regular season games. He would rather play idiots like Vujacic and Farmar in hopes that their confidence will shoot through the roof, and they will be better players by April or May.

We need every win we can get. If they stay healthy, we will see Boston in the Finals, and regular season wins add up to home court advantage in June. So, yes, in a way...we need to beat every team, good or bad...but as far as being worried about those teams, I only find myself biting my nails in the postseason. Orlando beat us both times in the regular season last year, but we rolled them 4-1 in the Finals.

Come on now, lets not push it. The Nets are pretty freaking bad haha.

• Owner

Come on now, lets not push it. The Nets are pretty freaking bad haha.

Yeah, but you guys led 48-46 at the half, if I remember right (last game against us). However, Kobe played a solid game, scored 29 and pulled down 10 boards, while Bynum was pretty much Casper and Fisher was destroyed by Devin Harris. Odom had a good game, Gasol did as well.

Today, all of that went down, but Bryant shot poorly, and both Gasol and Odom played badly as well.

Take today's Lakers and the Nets from that night you guys played us...and you get a Nets win, or at least a very close game.

Then again, the likelihood of Bryant playing that bad would be slim...just doesn't happen much, and when it does, Gasol steps up for us (or Bynum). That's why we're arguably the best team in the league, though.

Oh boy, I'm shaking in my boots.

Cleveland's Finest overrating his own team yet again, what else is new.

Anyways, congrats on your December Championship. This will surely make up for June when Cleveland fans starting crying again, when their team fails in the postseason, yet again. :lol: