Dallas at Toronto

Real Deal

• 2 months later...

WOW... I haven't been so pumped watching a Raptors game. Everyone came to play tonight. Especially TROSS. His effort level is through the roof. He's going extremely hard to the basket, getting some nice dunks, sprinting up and down the floor. This is the team I want to watch on a every game basis.

"After tonight, it's very clear that whatever problems the Raptors franchise have is completely unrelated to coaching." - Rick Carlisle

Tell me that wasn't directed at our beloved 7 footer?

For sure. Everyone in the city knows that fat Italian piece of shit sucks except BC.

If I learned anything from this game it is that the Raptors need to finally put an end to this whole idea of trying to be a Run n Gun team. They don't have the playmaking point guard or the perimeter shooters needed to actually play like that and they also don't get enough defensive pressure from their guards. They should be an opportunistic running team, not one that looks to always get out and go.

They should be a team that plays slower offensively and shares the ball. This will, or at least should, limit your turnovers and in turn force the opposing team to go against your set defense. Toronto doesn't have the individual defenders to slow opposing players down on their own, but when they can set their defense, Casey's principles will shine through like they did last season.

It will also help a lot on the defensive glass. Rather than having your perimeter guys looking to leak out, they'll stay back and help the bigs on the glass, which is needed on this team since Valanciunas isn't a very good defensive rebounder (yet) and obviously when Bargnani is on the floor you need all the help you can get. Just having Davis playing more will help out since he is such a fantastic rebounder, but he can only do so much on his own.

Casey is just so much more comfortable when the game is an ugly, grind it out type of game. That is the style that Casey led teams should be playing.

PS: Dallas' NBA record for consecutive games with a made 3 came to an end in this game. First time in 1,108 games they haven't made a 3. Kind of ironic that it came against Toronto considering the Raptors were the team who used to hold that record.