Milwaukee at Cleveland

• 2 months later...
CLEVELAND -- The short-handed Milwaukee Bucks needed someone to step up Friday night.

Monta Ellis gave them his best game of the season.

Ellis scored a season-high 33 points and the Bucks recorded their season-high fourth straight win with a 90-86 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers.

"Monta obviously had a hot hand and kept us in it offensively," Milwaukee coach Scott Skiles said. "He obviously had it going."

Ellis, who scored 20 points in the second half, was 12 for 24 from the field and was at his best late. He scored 10 points in the final 6 minutes of the third quarter after the Cavaliers took a brief lead and then held off Cleveland's last charge in the fourth quarter.

C.J. Miles' 3-pointer cut the lead to 80-78 with 5:26 to play, but Ellis scored on a layup, hit two free throws and made a jumper to stretch the lead to 86-80 with 2:41 remaining.

"I just took what the defense gave me, it was pretty simple," he said. "I tried to come off screens and make a play for myself or for someone else."

The Bucks, who recorded their ninth straight victory over the Cavaliers, left three players in Milwaukee because of injuries. Three others were either coming off an injury or an illness that's been going around the team.

Kyrie Irving scored 26 points to lead Cleveland, which committed a season-high 27 turnovers. The Cavaliers have lost seven of eight and 11 of 13.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20121214_MIL@CLE