Houston at Toronto

Real Deal

• 2 months later...

Devlin is such an insufferable homer at times. He is going on and on about how Houston went on that 20-6 run to close out the quarter because suddenly the pace changed. That isn't true at all.

Valanciunas and Davis left the floor and the Raptors defense went to shit. Their rotations weren't nearly as crisp (Davis alone caused 2 turnovers and a missed shot due to great rotations) and Harden was getting into the paint way too easily, which opened up the perimeter. It really had nothing to do with pace and had everything to due with Toronto's defense getting picked apart and Houston knocking down their open jumpers.

Also on offense the Raptors perimeter jumpers, which they were hitting to start the game, stopped falling. They were getting nothing inside even when they went on their early run. It all consisted of perimeter shots and considering how the Raptors aren't a good jump shooting team, ithese shots were bound to stop falling eventually.

On a more positive note, Terrence Ross has some ridiculous bounce. He is so graceful and gets up so damn fast. That block he had on Delfino and that 2nd jump of his to get the putback off his own miss were both very impressive with how fast and how high he got off the floor.

We've outplayed the Rockets for the most part except for Harden getting to the line every time he goes in the paint

That last trip to the line was so bogus.

I'm not one to complain about Harden's calls because a lot of the time they are warranted. He does a fantastic job of extending the ball in front of him to bait the defense into reaching or slapping at it and most of the time he is hit on the arm.

However, it is kind of ridiculous seeing the amount of contact Harden gets on some of his drives and compare it to DeRozan, who never seems to get to the line anymore. I'm not talking this game in particular since DeRozan has been living on the perimeter, but more so throughout the course of the season.

Davis putting in work in that 3d, by the way. 13 points, great defense and playing with awesome energy. The team defense with him on the floor is substantially better than with him off the floor.

Filthy crossover from Anderson on Delfino. Every now and then he has some very impressive dribble moves.

Calderon has been awesome in this game. I think a big part of it is because he is guarding Lin on the other end so his defensive woes aren't as big of a deal allowing him to get into a nice rhythym on offense. Great floor game from him and I really like how he has helped out on the glass with 9 boards.

I don't like that last shot and overall possession from him, though.

Lin has been hot garbage today. He looks completely disintersted and has no awareness out there.

Terrence Ross has completely changed my early opinion on him. I think hes got the potential to be a very good player. Second unit has stepped it up in the second Q too.

I told you he is decent! He is going to be a good role player, which isn't a great get from the 8 spot, but the things he does well in this league are assets - he has elite defensive potential IMO.

Wish i could have watched, but managed to get the 2nd half on the radio. Is it too early to start talking championship?

I felt we would lose today we never seem to play good in Toronto. I can't even remember the last time we got a win there.

I think 2006 was the last time. The Raptors had won 5 in a row coming into this game and I can't remember if Houston played in Toronto or not last year, so 2006 or 2005 would've been the last time.

I told you he is decent! He is going to be a good role player, which isn't a great get from the 8 spot, but the things he does well in this league are assets - he has elite defensive potential IMO.

Wish i could have watched, but managed to get the 2nd half on the radio. Is it too early to start talking championship?

You were right. I think best case scenario he becomes a solid starter or 6th man. Most likely scenario he's a good role player around 7th or 8th man.