Toronto at Cleveland

• 2 months later...

Irving pushes off Lucas with a forearm to the face and Lucas not only gets called for the foul, but he got a technical foul as well. :lol:

EDIT: And then he breathes on Irving and gets called for a foul. I honestly don't even know if there was any contact on that play at all. The joys of being a complete scrub guarding a budding superstar.

I'm really curious to see what happens with this team when Lowry comes back. He is the best player on this team, but if he doesn't buy into the way the Raptors have played the last 4 games, I wouldn't hesitate to nail him to the bench. With the dearth of talent on this team, the Raptors have to share the ball like they have been.

I know the schedule eased up a bit with some home games and easier road game like this one, but the Raptors are just playing completely different stylistically. Everybody is contributing in multiple areas, like in this game alone:

DeRozan - 16 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals

Amir - 17 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists

Calderon - 23 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists

Anderson - 18 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists

It isn't like before where each player seemed designated to do a specific role (ie Bargnani and DeRozan score, Davis/Amir rebound, Calderon pass, etc...). Loving the way they are playing lately.

Agreed. Its not often that someone isn't excited for thei best player to come back from injury, but honestly I'm a bit worried. The team seems to be playing with great chemistry, and honestly Calderon has a lot to do with it. I think when Lowry gets back from injury he should start coming off the bench, and if he works well with the way we're playing now then let him earn the starting role back. If not, keep Calderon as the starting PG.

I'm really curious to see what happens with this team when Lowry comes back. He is the best player on this team, but if he doesn't buy into the way the Raptors have played the last 4 games, I wouldn't hesitate to nail him to the bench. With the dearth of talent on this team, the Raptors have to share the ball like they have been.

I know the schedule eased up a bit with some home games and easier road game like this one, but the Raptors are just playing completely different stylistically. Everybody is contributing in multiple areas, like in this game alone:

DeRozan - 16 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals

Amir - 17 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists

Calderon - 23 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists

Anderson - 18 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists

It isn't like before where each player seemed designated to do a specific role (ie Bargnani and DeRozan score, Davis/Amir rebound, Calderon pass, etc...). Loving the way they are playing lately.

Pretty sure this is how we envisioned them playing all year. Lowry has been a mega disappointment so far.