Golden State at Sacramento

Real Deal

• 2 months later...

Refs ruined what should've been an awesome finish with some really weak foul calls down the stretch, particularly on Curry which forced him out of the game after his hot shooting brought the Warriors back from a 14 point 4th quarter defecit. Of his 3 4th quarter fouls, only one of them was legit, and even that one was debatable. The game was still in reach for Golden State, but once Curry fouled out it kind of sucked the life out of the team and you could tell that the Kings would come away with the win.

I guess in their (the refs) defense, they were calling some ticky tack shit all game long (mainly on the Warriors, but still, they were calling it), especially when it came to bumping screeners and fighting for position in the post or when a shot went up, so Golden state should've adjusted their style of play accordingly. I still think the calls they made were really weak, but there was a precedent set beforehand.

Anybody who is a fan of defense should stay clear of this game, though. I really don't know what happened to the Warriors because this was a Nellie era type of defensive performance from them. What is even more baffling is the fact that it was against a very, very poor Sacramento offense.