Toronto at San Antonio

• 2 months later...

I like what I saw from the Raptors tbh. They share the ball on offense and play hard solid defense every play for the entire game. Johnson (I think it was Amir), had a vicious dunk over Timmy. Very nice.

For the Spurs

Timmy continues to be solid on both ends of the floor. His rim protection on defense was great.

Kawhi Leonard is a monster on defense. If only he could finish on the break..... Solid on rebounds.

Manu Ginobili continues to pass the ball extremely well. Hes getting close to 100%, his shot is fallibg and he seems to be attacking the rim more often.

Dejuan Blair........ Still [expletive]ing sucks

BFT-

Ive caught a couple of Raptors games lately and they seem like they are playing better without Bustani. Is this legit or just coincidence from the couple games I watched?

It is a combination of their schedule easing up (they beat Dallas, Houston, Cleveland, Orlando and Detroit during their 5 game winning streak) and Bargnani (and, honestly, Lowry as well) being out of the lineup.

They play as a team on offense a lot more without those two, which is definitely needed when you consider that the team doesn't have anybody who can really break down the defense or create for others on a consistent basis. They need to move the ball well in order to score. Having Bargnani not playing 35 minutes a night is a huge boost to their defense, especially since Ed Davis is the best defender (and, in my opinion, the best player this year) on the team by a wide margin.

They've definitely played better over the last handful of games without Bargnani or Lowry out there but I won't say it is all because of those two (or just Bargnani) being out of the lineup since having a homestand and easier road games made a difference as well. They basically haven't played any differently during their 5 game winning streak as they did tonight, but tonight they went up against a vastly superior team and, well, you know the result.

PS: It was Ed Davis who had that huge dunk in the 2nd quarter, not Amir.