Phoenix at Indiana

Real Deal

• 2 months later...
  • Owner
http://sports.cbsimg.net/u/photos/basketball/nba/img21465293.jpg

INDIANAPOLIS -- George Hill did some extra work before the Indiana Pacers took on the Phoenix Suns, and it paid off right away.

Hill scored 22 points, including three 3-pointers, and led the Pacers to a 97-91 victory over the Suns on Friday night.

Paul George had 15 points, and David West added 14 points and seven rebounds for the Pacers, who have won four straight and seven of eight.

"I came in early and did my `Paul George workout,"' Hill said. "Paul has been telling me, `Hey, get on the gun. Your shot will feel a lot better.' So I came in a little early today. I got some shots and got into a rhythm, and when I got out on the court it felt pretty good."

Hill went to the locker room because of a bruised right thigh with 5:35 left in the first quarter, but returned in a big way.

Sebastian Telfair had 19 points and six assists, and Marcin Gortat had 15 points and 10 rebounds for the Suns, who have lost four in a row.

West, who scored eight points in the fourth quarter, netted the go-ahead jumper to give the Pacers an 87-85 lead with 3:17 left to play after the Suns rallied from a 16-point deficit.

"It wasn't pretty in the second half, but we got the job done," Pacers coach Frank Vogel said. "We'd like blowouts, but we got the `W' and found a way to win."

The Pacers led 85-83 before Telfair scored to tie it.

Telfair also got the Suns even at 81 when he scored off a steal with 6:19 left. Jermaine O'Neal then made two free throws to briefly put the Suns ahead.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20121228_PHO@IND