Sacramento at Detroit

Real Deal

• 2 months later...
  • Owner
http://sports.cbsimg.net/u/photos/basketball/nba/img21483840.jpg

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Austin Daye had only one thought when he caught a pass on the right wing on the game's crucial possession.

"Don't pass it. Shoot it," he said.

Not that he had much choice.

With the shot clock running down, Daye made a 3-pointer with 11.5 seconds left, helping the Detroit Pistons seal a 103-97 win over the Sacramento Kings on Tuesday night.

Daye's shot -- after a pressured Tayshaun Prince found him with a pass -- gave the Pistons a six-point lead.

"When I get the ball with time left on the clock, I'm trying to get off a good shot," Daye said. "Tayshaun found me in a good spot and I let it go."

Greg Monroe had 18 points and 11 rebounds for the Pistons, who have won three in a row for the first time this season. Sacramento cut a 16-point fourth-quarter deficit to one, but Detroit was able to hold on.

The Pistons have won five of six, in large part because of terrific play from their reserves. The group scored 44 points Tuesday despite losing Charlie Villanueva to a second-quarter ejection.

DeMarcus Cousins had 21 points and 14 rebounds for the Kings.

The Pistons led 89-73 before Sacramento's late rally. The Kings had a chance to take the lead with Detroit in front 96-95, but the Pistons forced a shot clock violation when Prince blocked a shot.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20130101_SAC@DET