Memphis at Sacramento

Real Deal

• 2 months later...
  • Owner
http://sports.cbsimg.net/u/photos/basketball/nba/img21512843.jpg

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Wayne Ellington made his first two shots and had a feeling he couldn't miss.

He was nearly correct.

The streak-shooting Ellington made 10 of 11 shots, including six 3-pointers, and scored a season-high 26 points, to help the Memphis Grizzlies rout the Sacramento Kings 113-81 on Monday night.

"I hit those first two shots and it carried over from there," said Ellington, who made seven 3-pointers earlier this year against Miami. "After I made the third or fourth three I thought they were all going in."

Zach Randolph scored 17 points and had seven rebounds in an extremely balanced offense for Memphis, which had a season-high for points. Mike Conley had 15 points and eight assists and Marc Gasol had 13 points for the Grizzlies, who outscored the Kings 36-20 in the third quarter to blow the game open and win their third straight road game.

Memphis had a season-high 29 assists and have held their last six opponents under 89 points.

"This is an especially tough place to play well and the Kings have beaten some good teams at home," Conley said. "It's nice to get a relatively relaxing win like this one."

John Salmons led the Kings with 17 points, Jason Thompson had 12 and DeMarcus Cousins had 10 and eight rebounds.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20130107_MEM@SAC