Phoenix at Boston

Real Deal

• 3 months later...
  • Owner
BOSTON -- The "Big Three" leading Boston to its latest victory was an unlikely bunch.

Jeff Green, Jason Terry and rookie Jared Sullinger carried the Celtics through a game of streaks, each outscoring their starting teammates as Boston recovered from a dreadful third quarter and held off the slumping Phoenix Suns 87-79 on Wednesday night.

Green had 14 points, Terry scored 13 and Sullinger finished with 12 points and pulled down a career-best 16 rebounds as Boston's reserves outscored their Phoenix counterparts 47-16.

"They won the game for us basically. The bench played well. The starters didn't play good at all tonight," said Rajon Rondo, who had eight points and eight assists.

It was an emotional game for Green, who was playing exactly one year after having surgery to repair an aortic aneurysm.

"I can't put it into words. I mean, it's a wonderful day," said Green, who missed all of last season with the heart condition. "I reflect a lot on what I've been through and it's just a blessing and I'm glad I'm here."

Kevin Garnett was the only Boston starter to score in double figures, finishing with 10 points and five rebounds, and Paul Pierce had seven points and seven rebounds.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20130109_PHO@BOS