Miami at LA Lakers

Terrible executiion down the stretch by the Lakers. They decide to try and feed the ball to Dwight who's guaranteed to get fouled rather than give the ball to a red hot Kobe? Pathetic.

We commited way too many turnovers throughout the game yet it still came down to the last 2 minutes. Cut down on the retarded turnovers and the Lakers would've got a win today.

IMO, this game was a must win for LA just to get their confidence up and start a win streak. Bad loss today.

• Owner

LeBron has proven that Kobe isn't even close

The Kobe of today, yes.

LeBron missed nearly every single longer mid-range jumper he took tonight, it seemed...even wide open ones...but when you get 500 screens and have no defense waiting for you in the paint (not even sure where Howard was for a lot of it), you're going to drop 40-point games with ease.

It didn't help that Earl Clark has no idea how Bron plays (let him drive to the rim by defending his left?) and Ron Artest is pretty much done as a defensive player.

James is a freak of nature. Durant is closest just because he has the range Kobe has, but he doesn't have the passing ability yet, nor does he have a post game.

• Owner

And while I'm in here, I was frustrated with Kobe's shooting the first three quarters...really pissing me off...but Gasol's defense is so [expletive]ing pathetic. He is literally afraid of contact. He whines AS the player gets to the rim. He won't contest any dunk attempt, and he rarely gets at layups.

Our P&R was demolished tonight, also. Nash was holding the ball for nearly the entire shot clock...and I've never, EVER seen Nash do that in my life...not for THAT long. He was passing it over to Kobe with five on the clock, looking for a bail out, or slinging it clear across the court to Ron Artest or Antawn Jamison.

If we don't fix our P&R issues, and if we don't start playing through a Kobe/Dwight duo rather than Dwight/Nash and Kobe ISO's, we're not going to make the playoffs...and that's just talk on the offensive end.

• Like 1

And while I'm in here, I was frustrated with Kobe's shooting the first three quarters...really pissing me off...but Gasol's defense is so [expletive]ing pathetic. He is literally afraid of contact. He whines AS the player gets to the rim. He won't contest any dunk attempt, and he rarely gets at layups. (...)

He's been like that for years. Mitch (or Buss) needs to get rid of his SOFTness. DO IT MITCH!!!

The Lakers lost this game because of one moment: Dwight Howard missed 2 free throws.

In the final minutes, LA and Miami were trading punches. One team took the lead, another tied it up. That pattern broke once Dwight Howard airmailed his first free throw then clunked another, killing the morale of the Lakers, and allowing the Heat to take a crucial two possession lead.

Can't blame this on Pau or Kobe. Dwight played well, but that moment shows why his inability to make free throws can kill the spirit of the team.

This game looked like it was going to kick start the Lakers. Kobe caught fire, Pau was playing great off the bench, Jamison had a nice and one, and Clark was hitting shots.

This game does prove LA will find a way to make the playoffs, but it won't get very far.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

LeBron has proven that Kobe isn't even close

excellent observation, both players in their prime right now, so its certainly a fair comparison. its not like one is 28 in his 10th season and the other is 34 in his 17th.