Golden State at Chicago

Real Deal

• 3 months later...
  • Owner

CHICAGO -- Kirk Hinrich insisted his shot has felt good all season.

The Chicago Bulls guard was averaging only 6.5 points per game but broke loose for a season-high 25 in a 103-87 victory over the Golden State Warriors on Friday night.

Hinrich made six of his seven 3-point attempts for the Bulls in their third straight victory. He was scoreless in his previous game Wednesday against the Pistons after he scored a season-high 22 points Monday against the Lakers.

"The guys set me up with some great plays," Hinrich said. "I was hitting shots and they just kept finding me."

Nate Robinson added 22 points off the bench for Chicago.

All-Star forward David Lee scored 23 points and Stephen Curry added 21 for Golden State, which shot 34.6 percent from the field. The Warriors had their three-game winning streak snapped.

Jimmy Butler had 16 points and a career-high 12 rebounds while starting in place of Bulls All-Star Luol Deng, who missed his fourth consecutive game due to a right hamstring injury.

"He can do a lot better, too," Chicago coach Tom Thibodeau said about Butler. "I love his toughness. He competes on every play. He's not afraid. Guys like that can always continue to get better."

Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah, the Bulls' other All-Star selection, also finished with double-doubles. Boozer had 15 points and 13 rebounds, while Noah had 14 points and 16 rebounds.

"It's huge," Thibodeau said. "Jo was terrific -- offense, defense, rebounding, energy. Carlos, his rebounding and just his presence inside, his cutting and screening led to fouls, which got us to the free throw line, got us established inside, opened some things up for us."

The Bulls shot 46.6 percent from the field and have won six of their last nine against Golden State.

Chicago never trailed and led by as many as 26.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400278356