Atlanta @ Cleveland

• 4 months later...

If the Cavs can win here, that helps so much in terms of slimming down the competition temporarily on their race to win the East for the 2nd year in a row.

I'm going to this won, we've won 10 straight at home and from what I saw today, our defense is back and it isn't just LeBron anymore doing the work on this team.

My goodness. Talk about getting lucky. That's all that has happened to the Cavaliers.

First, we were getting NO calls and I much as I complaining about that it was true.

Second, what the [expletive] was going on with the [expletive]ing shot clock. We had just stepped over the halfcourt line and it was already down to 11.

Third, Anderson Varejaos's PRAYER was answered on that two pointer which was called a three pointer.

My goodness. Talk about getting lucky. That's all that has happened to the Cavaliers.

First, we were getting NO calls and I much as I complaining about that it was true.

Second, what the [expletive] was going on with the [expletive]ing shot clock. We had just stepped over the halfcourt line and it was already down to 11.

Third, Anderson Varejaos's PRAYER was answered on that two pointer which was called a three pointer.

Maybe for once a team in Cleveland is lucky after over 60 years of nothing but let downs.

I was at the game, so I didn't notice the shot clock but I want to see what happened when I rewatch it on TV.

This was the best game I've went to in awhile. They were tested at home and they played defense. Crawford was contained in the 2nd half and Verajao is such a great player. His will to win and compete is unprecedented.

Andy's shot was a 3...give him that at least.

taken from CL

Atlanta was up 99-98 with less than two minutes left...Cleveland missed a shot off the back board with 14 seconds left on the shot clock, Atlanta got the rebound but the shot clock never reset...by the time the Hawks set up their offense, the clock expired, Cavaliers got the ball and scored to take the lead 100-99. And side-show bob hit a prayer three in the end after they were tied at 101.

Did this really happen? How much more obvious can it get that the refs are helping Cleveland? Its no wonder they beast so much in the regular season especially at home but lose in the playoffs when the refs decide to play fair. On top of that Cavs shoot more then twice as many free throws and Lebron shoots more FTs then the Hawks entire team. I would be so pissed right now if I was a Hawks fan. Happy birthday Lebron, signed David Stern.

• Like 1

taken from CL

Did this really happen? How much more obvious can it get that the refs are helping Cleveland? Its no wonder they beast so much in the regular season especially at home but lose in the playoffs when the refs decide to play fair. On top of that Cavs shoot more then twice as many free throws and Lebron shoots more FTs then the Hawks entire team. I would be so pissed right now if I was a Hawks fan. Happy birthday Lebron, signed David Stern.

LMAO, you are gonna start trashing the NBA refs, the same refs who helped you win the finals and get past Sacramento for how many years?

And even then, how many times do refs screw every team....

• Owner

Lots and lots of angry Hawks fans tonight, man...wow. RealGM is blowing up with people flipping out about what happened with that shot clock. I don't see how the damn thing doesn't reset, and I also don't get how the referees don't stop to think how it expired so quickly. It was very noticeable with me just watching it on TV. Those refs are right there, in the action, with a big shot clock in their face, something they are SUPPOSED to be watching as the Hawks make their way across halfcourt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkMV2MnxQaM

Obviously a really bad call, or noncall. I doubt the refs are deliberately helping anyone.

LeBron gets to the FT line a lot because he's a beast, and he's so hard to stop going to the basket. Just because he happened to get to the FT line more than the other team doesn't mean anything.

Edited by Poe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZHW6NtTeVY

http://i45.tinypic.com/bhndye.jpg

And the referees are taught to take a look at the clock and make sure it is running and normal as they go up the court every possession. Careless mistake then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkMV2MnxQaM

Obviously a really bad call, or noncall. I doubt the refs are deliberately helping anyone.

LeBron gets to the FT line a lot because he's a beast, and he's so hard to stop going to the basket. Just because he happened to get to the FT line more than the other team doesn't mean anything.

Lol at those comments on the video. Whats even funnier is that Lebron hacks the hell out of Josh Smith on that same play but gets a no call. Unbelievable.

I saw it and while it's unfair well, it's just the NBA. I've never seen that happen in a game in Cleveland but I've seen it in other arenas.

I'd be mad if it was my team, but I'm a fan of the other team so I don't know what else to say. Does it mean the Hawks should've won the game? No...Does it mean the Cavs don't deserve it, or the game was fixed? Again, no because we've seen the Cavs lose close home games (vs. Chicago)...so I don't know what to make of it. Just another reason why this game is so hard to keep perfectly fair, or right.

Lol at those comments on the video. Whats even funnier is that Lebron hacks the hell out of Josh Smith on that same play but gets a no call. Unbelievable.

You didn't even watch the game. You didn't see Parker not get the and one when no call was made after his turn around layup, or when LeBron should've got the and one but no call late in the game around, or when the refs bailed out Marvin Williams I think, calling a reach-in foul on what should've been a back court violation.

If you didn't watch the full game, then these comments mean very little from a Lakers fan who is notorious for ripping the Cavs (you), especially since losing to the Cavs.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

Oh, snap! We never get that many comments that quickly, haha. I should upload videos right after they happen more often :lol:.

Edit: Nevermind, I was looking at the wrong video. :(

Lots and lots of angry Hawks fans tonight, man...wow. RealGM is blowing up with people flipping out about what happened with that shot clock. I don't see how the damn thing doesn't reset, and I also don't get how the referees don't stop to think how it expired so quickly. It was very noticeable with me just watching it on TV. Those refs are right there, in the action, with a big shot clock in their face, something they are SUPPOSED to be watching as the Hawks make their way across halfcourt.

Its as much the Hawks palyers and coaching staff's fault as it is the refs if you ask me. Sure, the refs [expletive]ed up big time and definitely made a huge mistake, but the players and coaching staff had the exact same "big shot clock in their face" and didn't notice anything either. Somebody on the Hawks bench or even on the floor should've noticed that the shot clock didn't reset as well. Obviously most of the blame should go towards the score keepers bench as they are the ones who control the shot clock, then the refs should get a fair amount of blame as well, but somebody on the Hawks should've noticed it as well, if you ask me.

It was a critical error, that is for sure. Sloppy all around.

Don't you get tired of constantly hating on the Cavs and LeBron? I know for damn sure that I am, as well as a number of other posters on this forum, are for damn sure sick and tired of hearing your constant [expletive]ing of everything LeBron/Cavs related. I am sure that the refs did this on purpose as a birthday present for LeBron James. :rolleyes:

• Like 2