Minnesota at Charlotte

• 3 months later...
  • Owner

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- For the first time in more than two months, there were smiles and laughter throughout the Charlotte Bobcats locker room following a home game.

The Bobcats' long home losing streak had finally ended.

Gerald Henderson made a 3-pointer with 4.6 seconds left to lift the Bobcats to a 102-101 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Saturday night, snapping a 16-game home losing streak.

The Bobcats streak was stopped two losses short of the NBA record by the 1993-94 Dallas Mavericks.

"I saw the clock," Henderson said. "I kind of grabbed the ball with about five seconds. I knew I had some time. I just threw it up there and it went in. It feels great to end that streak."

Kemba Walker led Charlotte with 25 points and Ramon Sessions finished with 23 as the Bobcats won at home for the first time since Nov. 21. Henderson finished with 15 points.

Luke Ridnour had a season-high 22 points, seven rebounds and seven assists to lead Minnesota, which has lost nine of 10.

Henderson's game-winner capped a frantic final 29 seconds after Ricky Rubio put the Timberwolves up 101-99 with a reverse layup.

The Bobcats were struggling to get a shot off before the 24-second shot clock expired.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400278365