Charlotte at Chicago

Real Deal

• 3 months later...
  • Owner

http://sports.cbsimg.net/u/photos/basketball/nba/img21621791.jpg

CHICAGO -- Luol Deng return couldn't slow down the latest offensive outburst from Jimmy Butler.

Butler scored a career-high 19 points and Nate Robinson added 15 as the Chicago Bulls beat the Charlotte Bobcats 93-85 on Monday night.

Deng returned to the Bulls' lineup after missing five games with a hamstring injury, and scored 12 points in 31 minutes. The Bulls won three of five without Deng as his absence was eased by the strong play of Butler, who returned to a reserve role.

After Deng injured his hamstring he sent a message that Butler embraced.

"I think it hit home the most when Luol came up to me and said, `You can do this. This is your time, step in and keep playing the way you have been playing.' When you hear that from an All-Star, from Derrick [Rose] and Jo [Joakim Noah] that's big. I have been here for almost two years now -- I think that's what I need to hear," Butler said.

"The confidence comes from my teammates, if I have an off night then they're still going to be there supporting me ... It's not going to be like this every night but I have the best teammates, it makes it easy."

It was third time in the past six games that Butler set or tied his career-high in points and his defense has also taken notice after slowing down Kobe Bryant in a win against the Lakers on Jan. 21.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20130128_CHA@CHI