New Orleans at Toronto

Real Deal

• 4 months later...

Valanciunas back into the starting lineup for this one. Does this mean he'll actually play or will Casey pull the whole "you only play the first 6 minutes of each half" garbage again?

Also, Fields will dress and be available as well. I really hope with Fields back this means Anderson doesn't see the floor unless outside of garbage time. However, knowing Casey, this will just eat into Ross' minutes anyways.

Gay's finishing at the rim has been awful since coming to Toronto. His TS% in the first 4 games has been below 50% and a huge part of that is because of how woeful he has been around the basket. It really is weird seeing a guy with his combination of size, athleticism and length missing so many easy shots right around the rim.

Dunk contest at the ACC. Gay with 3, including a nasty tomohawk from the dotted line, Amir with a jam off a sweet dish from Lowry and then Aaron Gray with the 360 windmill....

Ok, maybe Gray didn't do a 360 windmill but he did get about 2 inches off the ground, which is basically the equivalent of that for him.

Raptors up by, I believe, 13 points with 1 minute left in the 1st quarter. Casey takes out Lowry and puts Lucas in.

Less than 3 minutes into the 2nd quarter and Raptors are down by 1.

This team desperately needs to find a backup point guard. Lucas is not the answer and every time he comes into the game things go to shit.

I wouldn't put a lot of that blame on Lucas. TRoss' defence was awful letting Roberts tear him apart. Lucas hit a couple shots and had one very nice pass to Amir in the paint.

It is a trend.

Every game Lucas comes in with a lead and by the time Lowry comes back into the game the lead is either completely disolved or is just one or two points.

If this was the first time this happened, I could buy your agument. But the fact of the matter is that this has happened every game outside of the Clipper game. That makes 4 games in a row. That is not a coincidence. Lucas sucks and needs to be replaced.

PS: All of the stuff you are saying actually happened the after Raptors had already blew their lead and Casey had to burn a timeout. Lucas settled down after that point and did hit a couple of open 3's but the damage was already done by that point. The lead was gone. Just look at the play-by-play.

Even the point about Roberts going off with Ross guarding him can be partially attributed to Lucas. yeah, Ross played terrible defense but he was having to guard Roberts because of Lucas' inability to defend points. Roberts blew by Lucas and drew a foul so Casey made the switch to hide Lucas on Rivers and forced Ross to switch onto the point.

If you would've told me that Toronto would bust this game open because Casey made the decision to put Rudy Gay in a point forward role in the 4th, I wouldn't believe you, but here we are.

Taking Lucas off the ball and using him off screens was nice to see. He is lost when trying to initiate and run an offense, but he can get hot with his jumper and that has happened here. I like the decision to take the ball out of his hands in this quarter since him actually running the team never seems to go well.

I'd attribute that win more to the Hornets playing like complete shit then the Raptors actually playing well. Landry Fields was a quiet but effective contributor. Eric Gordon and Anthony Davis were so bad though, it was brutal to watch. I'll take the W though.