Miami @ San Antonio

• 4 months later...

THIS is what should have been happening last game. In the first half, the Spurs do what they can to deny Wade and double him, so the Heat find Beasley for 15 shots and he has 20 points for the first half. So as the Spurs try to figure out how slow down Beas, things should open up a bit more for Wade.

The refs missed quite a few calls for the Heat. The ONLY reason the Spurs are winning is because they've been getting to the foul line more. The Heat should attack the basket more in the second half.

This is why the Heat need that All Star SF.

Apparently with the Heat, you shut down D-Wade, you shut down the team. Wade went 6-18 from the field with seven turnovers.

With Beasley only scoring 6 points since the first half, including Wade's 8 second half points, that's 14 of the Heat's 29 second half points, and Wade only played in the 3rd quarter.

With an all star wing, that will put more pressure on the defense if they double Wade. The defense isn't going to worry about Arroyo, Chalmers, Cook, Joel, or even Jermaine, or Haslem and Q-Rich on a bad day. As of right now, the only player defenses have to worry about is Beasley, yet he hasn't even had his first 30 point game, yet.

JO isn't a major scoring threat anymore. I still think the Heat should keep him for next year, but by then, no more isolations unless the match up is favorable. If he is resigned, it needs to be for MLE, and a new role as a defensive presence and only score as a role player, not a go-to guy.

For now, while the Heat are still waiting on that wing player addition to the team, I've been saying this a lot, but the Heat need to utilize Dorell Wright more. This year, the Heat are 5-1 when Dorell attempts 7 or more shots in a game. When Dorell is given a larger role in the offense, good things happen. Give him minutes. Give him the ball. Let him be a creator.

I said before that Daequan needs minutes, but not THIS many, nor this many shots. He's jacking up shots left and right, and hitting nothing but rim. 4-20 in the last 4 games, 2-9 from 3. Reduce his minutes. There's a much better player in Dorell that needs them.

does wade even care or try anymore? his year he looks like his given up on the team.

I am not worried at all about Dwyane. I have full confidence that he will stay in Miami for a long time.

The issue, I think, doesn't have anything to do with giving up on the team as much as the direction he feels the team is headed. What I mean is Wade's production individually is a product of his team around him and his personal motivation.

Three years ago was one the Heat's worst all time season record at 15-67. That year, due to injuries, the Heat had Chris Quinn, Ricky Davis, and Mark Blount in the starting line up. Wade played the worst basketball since his sophomore year playing 51 games, and averaging a career high in TOs at 4.4 per game, and his worst PPG and FG% since his rookie year averaging 24 points and 46% shooting.

Last year, the Heat draft a college stud in Michael Beasley and traded for a 2nd round pick that made it to the all rookie second team in Mario Chalmers. At midseason, the Heat had also brought in Jermaine O'Neal and Jamario Moon. Wade made a comeback year with his practically new team. Though being healthier than the year before did help his production, I think the biggest reasons was that, one, he was tired of losing, and two, he liked the direction the team was headed during the year.

Last year, looking for a playoff spot was a big goal for a team that just came off having the worst record in the league. This year, there are no big goals. The Heat aren't an elite team. They aren't looking at championship... until next year. I think that's the problem, and why Wade appears to be riding it out. There's no reason for Wade to go all out, cause there's nothing to prove, yet nowhere to reach. The cap space isn't until the summer.

When Wade feels that this team is ready for a championship run, then I think we'll see him bounce back to elite form.