How Short of a Leash Should Kemba Walker be on?

With Ramon Sessions behind him and Sessions being a better player and point guard, how much leeway do you give Walker as the starting point guard?

Since the Bobcats are clearly going to struggle to win games regardless of who starts at point do you just let Walker know that te job is his regardless and he doesn't have to worry about Sessions? Or should you make it so that he knows that if he doesn't perform his job will go to Sessions?

Personally, I'm not a fan of Walker in any role other than an offensive sparkplug off of the bench, but I do think you should be 100% sure that he isn't a point guard before pigeon holing him into that role. With that said, I'd give him a fair bit of leeway, but if Sessions is clearly outplaying him and the team is performing better with him on the floor rather than Walker, I would seriously consider benching Kemba and handing the reigns over to Sessions.

• Owner

I was talking to my brother the other day, and I brought up Iverson...and it made me think about Kemba (yes, I really did think about the Bobcats off of this site, lol).

Last season, Charlotte didn't give him a single minute at the two-guard position. I realize he's only 6-1. What happens if they go with a small lineup, though? Do you think Walker could be a bit more productive alongside Sessions, playing the two-guard position as Ramon facilitates?

I realize it's a great recipe to get murdered back on defense, but Charlotte was dead last in that area anyway, so why not try and improve offensively?

Quite frankly, I don't bother going with Kemba as a starter, unless he proves he can start at the two (like Iverson used to, with Snow at the point). Hell, isn't Sessions nearly the same size as Eric Snow was?

Otherwise, bring him off the bench behind the PG that will create shots for the rest of his team, at least until Kemba can get to the rim and make decisions to do something OTHER than score when he does penetrate.

Charlotte is going to be bad and will be gunning for a high pick, they may as well give him the reigns for a season and see how much he contributes to their losing and whether he has a defined role moving forward. Interesting take on some off-guard minutes, though. I'd give that a look as well.

I think his size is going to hold him back form playing at the 2, and he'll never be able to play that position. Even if he played on a team with a bigger/better defensive PG who guarded the SG on defense, it still wouldn't work. Although his speed may be an advantage, just imagine him trying to go up against any SG that's 6'6 or taller? I just don't think it would work, and if he's going to be an NBA regular, its going to have to be at PG.