NBA League Pass?

Does anyone here ever get it? Yes I know about streams, but to me its worth 100 bucks to have high quality images, less lag, no chance of not being able to find a link. The only thing I am worried about is the whole blackout thing. I don't have cable so this is why I am thinking of buying it. I would be splitting it with 1 or 2 other guys that I live with, so it would really only be like 35 bucks. So yeah, does anyone here get it, would you recommend it? Do you know a workaround for the blackouts? Help a brother out and I'll +1 rep you!

• Owner

It's a lot of basketball. I get it every year.

The blackouts I have to go through are for OKC and Denver, but the OKC games are on cable where I live, FSN OKC.

It's great for me, though, because I don't get all of the Lakers games...and I know they are on National TV a lot, but I want to have that option to see whichever game I please, too. Being in Kansas, I can't do that without LP.

I also realize a lot of fans just want to see their favorite team(s), but there are a lot of times I'll dive into a meaningless game, just to learn about the players and teams. A Bobcats/Wizards game didn't mean anything to me last year (different conference, non-playoff teams), but if I didn't want to watch the Lakers blow out the Wolves, I'd click down a channel or two and see who else is playing.

We just basically want something to watch since we don't have cable. I guess my main concern is that every good game is going to be blacked out (in Canada), Raptors games aside. I've been doing some googling, and it sounds like the best way around this is to get a VPN (still don't really get what that is) from Europe, and I'd be able to get all the games.

Honestly though, even just to get to watch ANY game every night it might just be worth the hundred bucks (whats it cost in the states? Same?) for us to have live sports to watch.

What about for computer? I'm considering getting it for my mac because they don't play the games on TV in Columbus when the Blue Jackets are on. Is the computer good enough quality or am I better off with streams?

You'd be blacked out for Cavs

• Owner

It's $179 for those in the US.

What about for computer? I'm considering getting it for my mac because they don't play the games on TV in Columbus when the Blue Jackets are on. Is the computer good enough quality or am I better off with streams?

As long as you have a decent computer, you'll be fine...but if you plan on just getting broadband and paying for that every month, you might as well just spend the $179 because, by the time you close out the NBA season, that's around the amount you'll pay (total)...think it's like $30 a month for broadband, and with six months of basketball (regular season), you're better off paying for the package.

I'll be absolutely getting it. I know NYK is on Natl TV quite a bit, but being down in North Carolina now I know I'll barely see their games...Looking forward to getting it and being able to see all the teams.

what do you guys mean by blacked out?

(australian) i got LP i think 2 years back and i never had a single problem with it. is this blackout a new issue or has it been around for a long time?

im planning to get it this year but i was only going to get the 'follow your team' package (depending on how much cheaper it is), soo if okc games are blacked out id been pretty pissed.

what do you guys mean by blacked out?

(australian) i got LP i think 2 years back and i never had a single problem with it. is this blackout a new issue or has it been around for a long time?

im planning to get it this year but i was only going to get the 'follow your team' package (depending on how much cheaper it is), soo if okc games are blacked out id been pretty pissed.

It's only a problem in MURRICA

• Like 1

I've gotten it for the past 3 years (broadband only, I've never gotten the TV package) and it is well worth the money as far as I am concerned.

Like you, Raptor games are blacked out for me (even though if you want to get technical, Portland would be my "home" team since it is about 8-10 hours from where I live) but I also don't get home from work until 5:30 PST Monday-Friday which means that I will pretty much miss the first 3 quarters of every Raptor game.

What I love about LP is that even though Raptor games are blacked out for me, I can wait until around 7 PM PST and I'll be able to catch the entire game without commercials. A lot of the time last year I'd watch a Leafs game and then after that finished I'd wait about 30 minutes and then catch the Raptors game. I honestly find it more valuable for all the replays and archived games than being able to watch games live. There will be nights where I can catch the replays of 3-4 games and it will take nearly as much time as watching 1 game live.

But yeah, it is easily worth the money. Even if I didn't watch any team other than Toronto (which, obviously, I don't as I usually watch 3 games a night) I'd still say it is worth the $100 bucks. I'd definitely suggest you buy it. Even if Raptor games are blacked out live, you can just do what I do and watch full replays of the games about 30 minutes after it is over.

Hey Real Deal, or anyone else who has the TV package that costs 179 dollars...

Can you add it to your cable bill each month until it's paid off? Or do you have to pay for it all in one shot.

Really not looking forward to dishing out close to 200$ just to watch the games. Rather add like 25 dollars a month or something to the bill.

• Owner

Hey Real Deal, or anyone else who has the TV package that costs 179 dollars...

Can you add it to your cable bill each month until it's paid off? Or do you have to pay for it all in one shot.

Really not looking forward to dishing out close to 200$ just to watch the games. Rather add like 25 dollars a month or something to the bill.

I think most every cable company offers payment plans, I believe four payments of $45 or a one-time payment.

I think most every cable company offers payment plans, I believe four payments of $45 or a one-time payment.

Oh, that's not bad. I'll probably just do that then. Add it to my debt. Lol

I have been reading up on this stuff and I am pretty sure I am gonna buy it. I am not counting on being able to work around the blackouts (I think I am going to be able to do it though, downloaded the chrome proxy thing, and when I use a different proxy it lists a different price for the page so it worked. We'll see I guess, not counting on it, but it'd be nice), but like BFT said, its worth it just for the archived footage, and to watch other games. The fact I have no cable, and can get upwards of 40 games a week at my disposal, it easily makes it worth it. Not to mention I read that last year mobile and tablet games weren't blacked out, and my roommate has an iPad and I am getting the iPhone 5. So that would be awesome if it was still like that, but even if not, I'd still be fine with it.

Also, the league pass is coming to xbox/ps3 (google), it hasn't come out yet, but its going to. I am hoping it won't cost extra to use on the xbox because that would be awesome to have through my xbox on the big screen (not hd, no hdmi from laptop unfortunately).

if anyone hasn't bought it here is a 15% off code. Not sure if it still works but it did last time I checked.

NBAP15GTX354

Edited by Check my Stats

If anyone wants help with blackouts hit me up. I got around them last night, so I can only assume it will work again the next time I try. I will make sure it works multiple times though before I promise anything though. Very excited though, and I didn't have to buy a VPN! 80 bucks to watch any single NBA game every night, can't beat that.

I don't want to post anything here though, so just PM me in a week or two.