Just a thought (NFL Gameday)

Real Deal

• Owner

Would we see more posts about these NFL games if we created one gameday topic each week? We run through numerous gameday topics with no posts in them, and sometimes, I feel like people just don't want to click in there and talk about a game if there's nobody else active in it.

In a single topic, for all games each week...you can discuss as many games as you want in one post, and maybe that will trigger better discussion.

• Owner

Let's go ahead and do this. At this point, I'm not even sure if it was a good idea to expand the NFL section. I think we would have better discussion with just one major forum, and a topic pinned, each week, for Gameday.

• Owner

Taylor and Danny, you two can continue helping if you like. We just need one weekly topic, and at the beginning of it, a listing of the games (maybe details, such as time and TV).

Something like...

Oakland @ Kansas City (4:00 PM ET, CBS)

Denver @ New England (4:10 PM ET, FOX)

Should be much easier than creating 15-16 topics, also, haha. And, all of those weekly topics should be pinned in the NFL forum (main one), previous topics unpinned and moved into the archives once the new ones are created.

Thanks guys.

• Owner

I agree with this. I hate the segmented divisions and having to click a few times just to get to NFL content

I'd like to drop it all back into the main forum, but I merged them into conferences for now.

Maybe others can weigh in on this as well.

Looks like I'm alone on this, but I personally would rather have all the games separated than have all of them in one gameday topic. I think it will be too jumbled with all games going on at the same time. Just my opinion, we'll see how it goes.

I see how it would be confusing having them all mixed in one topic. With like 6 games going on at once, some people will still be talking to themselves at times. I am probably the only one that watches Dolphins games, so I rarely post in the topics because I am just talking to myself, and it will probably still happen with just one topic going on because people will jump over my post to speak about a Giants or Patriots game which gets way more attention.

It would be less jumbled, I agree...too much clicking to get to the topics, but some games will still be ignored. It would look better having an active topic than like 5 topics with no posts so I agree with the decision.

I see how it would be confusing having them all mixed in one topic. With like 6 games going on at once, some people will still be talking to themselves at times. I am probably the only one that watches Dolphins games, so I rarely post in the topics because I am just talking to myself, and it will probably still happen with just one topic going on because people will jump over my post to speak about a Giants or Patriots game which gets way more attention.

It would be less jumbled, I agree...too much clicking to get to the topics, but some games will still be ignored. It would look better having an active topic than like 5 topics with no posts so I agree with the decision.

This way people can just say holy shit did you see Reggie bush and you will see it though