Best Second Unit?

Sħãlïq™

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bledsoe showed off his athleticism and defensive prowess in the playoffs. He's all over the place offensively, shooting numbers are wretched, turnovers are high, and he really has no place in any halfcourt set, but just watching him on defensive is impressive as hell. He's only 6'1, but he can guard the majority of SG's in the league due to his relentless ball pressure, he's a very solid backup PG in the league.

But I just get the sense that the Clippers have a bunch of misfits on the bench. Too many new pieces, not enough camaraderie to be effective as a unit. I'd take New York's over them.

But as for the poll itself, I'm taking Boston. Their guard rotation is phenomenal, and they're 2 deep at every position.

• Owner

Odom isn't going to matter much now, anyway, after I saw him in pictures. The dude looks like he forgot what a weight room is, and he's taking that candy obsession we all used to joke about in LA a little too seriously.

Bledsoe showed off his athleticism and defensive prowess in the playoffs. He's all over the place offensively, shooting numbers are wretched, turnovers are high, and he really has no place in any halfcourt set, but just watching him on defensive is impressive as hell. He's only 6'1, but he can guard the majority of SG's in the league due to his relentless ball pressure, he's a very solid backup PG in the league.

Yeah I dig that, I just need to see him effective on both ends for longer than a playoff series before I totally buy into it. I'd like to see him string it together for a few months.

Hill could miss significant time. It seems we'll start without Odom, Hill and Billups for the first 2-3 weeks. Our depth just took a dump. At least that'll open up more PT for Willie Green, Bledsoe and Turiaf.

Looks like I gotta change my vote

• Owner

I can't say the Lakers will be THAT great off the bench. It kind of depends on who is out there with them, though...but we're going to need to pull Gasol a bit early, insert Jamison, and then have Gasol out there with the bench, so he can create for them in the post (playing the five).

That, or Howard comes out early, Gasol moves to the five, Hill comes in...then Howard subs in with Jamison and the bench.

There are a lot of options, of course, but we have to be careful...because our bench, alone, doesn't have a legitimate PG to create for them OR anyone in the post to draw doubles and kick it out.

Where are the Knicks?

With a healthy Shumpert, I think the Knicks are right up there. Great versatility off the bench.

-Raymond Felton

-JR Smith

-Iman Shumpert

-Steve Novak

-Marcus Camby

-Kurt Thomas

-Rasheed Wallace

-Pablo Prigoni

-James White