Conference and Division Predictions

Real Deal

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lakers, Thunders, Spurs, Nets, Pacers, Heat.

Miami and OKC.

Miami.

The only one that was tough was OKC. I think LA is better on paper but I just inexplicably want to pick OKC. I try not to go against my gut feeling, and I don't think OKC is a ridiculous guess. Its not like they don't have an interior presence that can handle (well, not 'handle', but do a formidable job compared to most) LA's front court, as well as the most dynamic 1-2-3 punch in the league. I don't think LA has anyone that can guard Westbrook and Durant as well as Ibaka and Perkins could do against Dwight and Pau. Durant ate Artest's soul last summer, not sure why he can't do it again.

I guess I just need to see this LA team play a meaningful game before I can put them over the defending west champs, who are no slouch at all.

Lakers, Thunder, Spurs, Celtics, Pacers, Heat

Lakers and Heat, Lakers win in 6 or 7

I really think the Grizzles have a shot at winning the Southwest Division. It'll be interesting to see what a healthy Z-Bo and Gay can do together for a full season.

I can see the Lakers coming out the gate slow, but by the time the playoffs roll around they'll be ready to kick it up a notch. Artest is in way better shape compared to last season, you can tell just by watching presason. He's shed a few pounds which had helped him regain some athleticism and quickness. He threw is down with ease in last nights game.

It's a shame that the Pacers are the only team in the East that has a chance of upsetting Miami in the playoffs, and even that is a longshot. Unless the Big Three get injured I just don't see any team stopping them from getting to the NBA Finals.

Eh. I just feel that the Pacers starting five is better equipped at matching up with the Heat. Celtics are deeper, but I just feel a dropoff from Peirce and KG.

Celtics took the Heat, albeit undermanned, to 7 games. They got better with all of those signings, they should compete.

Whether or not they're better than Indiana is a different story however.

• Owner

I think Boston can make it to the Finals, honestly. It depends on who the Heat run into before they get to the ECF's. Chicago, with a healthy Rose, could wear them down pretty good...and meanwhile, if Boston can avoid Miami and the Bulls, I think they are a lock to get into the ECF's. I don't see the Pacers taking them out.

I don't get why people are discounting the Pacers so much. They would have eliminated the Heat last season had they played their cards right.

I'm personally expecting big things out of them. Paul George and Roy Hibbert are going to take their games to the next level and the Pacers have an improved bench from last season with the additions of Augustine, Green, Mahimi, and Plumlee. Team is deep, they have athletic wings that can defend, and they can play inside and out.

I love Indiana, and think they're a top 3 team in the east. But will they beat a team like Boston in the playoffs? I'm not so sure. They have so many weapons on offense, but they don't have a a pure passer to get them easy shots when the going gets rough, and lack a true go to scorer (both are generally an issue in the playoffs). And I love their defense, but their lack of perimeter defenders (sans Paul George) will hurt them in a star studded wing group in the East (Bron, Melo, Pierce, Thad Young, Josh Smith, Gerald Wallace).

• Owner

As long as the Pacers stick with Danny Granger as their primary option, they aren't going to beat a team like Miami. The Heat would have swept the Pacers if Bosh was playing in that series. In the good win that they had against Miami (which was nearly 20 points), the Heat had to start Dexter Pittman, and for some reason (don't remember why), played Haslem for seven minutes or so. James Jones played for 15 minutes, and he was horrific. Joel Anthony logged 27 minutes.

The Bosh, James, Battier, Wade and Chalmers five, with their typical rotation, all healthy (Wade was actually playing hurt, too), would have rocked Indiana.

Now, same can be said for Boston...but not to that extent. Boston would have won at least one or two games, but I can't say it would have went seven. No Bosh, and LeBron had to deal with Garnett at the rim, and that was a big deal. However, Ray Allen was one of the worst players out on the court because of his injury, and Avery Bradley (who would be defending Wade) was out for the rest of the season.

A reloaded and healthy Boston squad, replacing an injured Ray with Jason Terry...and having Bradley back (arguably the best perimeter defender in the league, surprisingly), Courtney Lee, and Leandro Barbosa...and not only that, but Jeff Green is back, with new additions off the bench (Sullinger and Melo)...that team is actually deeper, and healthier, than last year's squad.

Lakers, Thunder, Spurs, Celtics, Pacers, Heat

Lakers and Heat, Lakers win in 6 or 7

I really think the Grizzles have a shot at winning the Southwest Division. It'll be interesting to see what a healthy Z-Bo and Gay can do together for a full season.

I can see the Lakers coming out the gate slow, but by the time the playoffs roll around they'll be ready to kick it up a notch. Artest is in way better shape compared to last season, you can tell just by watching presason. He's shed a few pounds which had helped him regain some athleticism and quickness. He threw is down with ease in last nights game.

It's a shame that the Pacers are the only team in the East that has a chance of upsetting Miami in the playoffs, and even that is a longshot. Unless the Big Three get injured I just don't see any team stopping them from getting to the NBA Finals.

i just about agree with everything you said.