"Frankenstorm" threatens East Coast

Smitty

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/superstorm-sandy-photos-193421061.html

And the 'Other side' of Sandy, not seen on TV. The hurricane also struck CUBA, HAITI and the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC:

http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/607/cache/hurricane-superstorm-sandy-hits-neighborhood-cuba_60729_600x450.jpg

http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/storm-21.jpg

Edited by Sħãlïq

I've been able to hook-up to my father's phone for connection. Been without our power since Monday, and not sure when we'll get it back. I've seen trees in houses, it's crazy. Rutgers gaves us off for a week, but trust me, I'd rather have power than be sitting in dark watching DVD's for days. My friend lives in LBI and his house is a foot under water, he might have to commute an hour and a half now to college everyday. Hope all is well with you guys! I'm in NJ btw.

Tempers Rise as Temps Fall and Sandy's Power Outages Persist

Tempers are beginning to flare as Sandy's victims woke in cold, dark homes today to face yet another grinding day of waiting for help while temperatures are forecast to drop into the 30s with a possible Nor'easter on the way.Nearly 4 million people spent a fourth day without power and were told some will have to wait weeks.

In the meantime, they waited for hours in line yet again for scarce gasoline supplies, water and food, or endured marathon commutes. Police have been keeping order at hours-long gas station lines, but the fight for fuel is starting to get nasty. Authorities say a motorist was arrested after he tried to cut in line at a gas station in Queens Thursday and allegedly pointed a pistol at another motorist who complained, according to the AP.

Full Story

It's really bad up there, it still is. Many of my friends/relatives do not have power in New Jersey and are just trying to get their lives back to their daily lifestyle/routine, and still can't.

I donated some money tonight to the RedCross, not much but just trying to do something.

It was a great interview. Christie praised President Obama for his assistance.. He admitted they don't agree on much but in this matter Obama has been amazing and has helped in many ways, not just words.

Russo wanted to be fair so he asked Christie about Mitt and if Mitt had called him. Answer "Governor Romney last called me on Sunday as Sandy was approaching",

Ouch.. No call to check and see how the state was... Granted mitt isn't President but it struck me as a terse answer and Chrisie seemed unimpressed.. Russo didn't press it and moved on