James Harden traded to the Rockets

Oklahoma City has traded James Harden to the Houston Rockets, league sources tell Y! Sports.
The Rockets send Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and future draft considerations to the Thunder for Harden, sources tell Y! Sports.

More to come.... Wow.

Along with All-Star guard James Harden, the Thunder will send Cole Aldridge, Lazr Hayward and Daquan Cook to the Rockets, source tells Y!
Edited by AboveLegit

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

As part of deal, Thunder will receive "significant" future draft picks from Houston, source tells Y! Sports.

Was Harden agreeing to an extension with Houston part of the deal? If not, Houston's got work to do.

Wow. I know a lot of people are gonna be quick to say this is stupid for the Thunder, which it is, but their still gonna be a contender. Martin can light it up big time, he sucks defensively, but the Thunder play pretty good team D. He might be a useful pickup for them since they struggle to find offense sometimes outside of Durant and RW, it didnt help that Harden was terrible in the Finals last year.

Not sure about Jeremy Lamb..... time for LAMBSANITY?

Edited by kingfish

Was Harden agreeing to an extension with Houston part of the deal? If not, Houston's got work to do.

doesn't Houston have the money to give him the max? i think that is all he is concerned about if he wouldn't sacrifice 8 million to be on a championship contender

I don't understand this trade for OKC. I know the Thunder might not have been able to sign Harden but I think they forgot how big of a piece he was to the team. Kevin Martin is a very good shooter but he's no where near the playmaking ability of Harden.

Buuuut I'm not complaining as a Lakers fan. ;)

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Houston sends two 2013 first-round picks (from Dallas and Toronto) to Oklahoma CIty, source tells Y!

Toronto was obviously being sent out and no hard loss from the Mavericks pick (its top 20 protected). Really surprised Houston managed to hold onto their own future picks.

doesn't Houston have the money to give him the max? i think that is all he is concerned about if he wouldn't sacrifice 8 million to be on a championship contender

Ah, true. He'd be a restricted free agent anyway if he were to let the contract run out, right?

Ah, true. He'd be a restricted free agent anyway if he were to let the contract run out, right?

i think so. i just don't understand why you would be willing to give up playing on an elite team for years to come over what i believe was $2mil/yr

FYI the Toronto pick is nonlottery protected (as in OKC doesn't get the pick if the Raptors make the playoffs) + top 5 protected this season (the latter protected dips by 1 next season IIRC and then its top 3 protected in 2015).

best news of the decade for real deal and laker fans. might as well just hand LA the West Conf Champions

Harden played like shit in the semi finals last year. Kobe wore him down. Now that Westbrook gets more time to run circles around Nash, I am worried

What?! I don't like this deal at all for the Thunder. I knew they wouldn't be able to keep Harden, Westbrook, and Durant with big contracts, but they could have stayed together for another year. Not the biggest fan of Kevin Martin, I guess Lamb is good.

Really not liking this deal for OKC, LA is the heavy favorite now.

I don't trust Scott Brooks as an innovative head coach, I find it extremely hard to believe that he'll go away from the high pick and roll offense now that Harden is out. Nor do I trust Durant or Westbrook to assume the playmaking effectively.

I can't believe Presti went from offering him $54 mill a year to trading him when it became clear that he wanted the full $60 mill. Unbelievable.