Fantasy Basketball Discussion

Lemon

I separated my original post to keep the discussion more generalized.

Guards:

Harden - With the trade to Houston, some would say that his value is unknown. Some questions would be if he can play with Lin or if he can handle the defensive focus. I would say the answer is simply, yes. He can play off the ball, and defensive focus isn't new him. He'll just be better than last year. I'm just wondering where it puts him now in terms of draft position. Potentially, his numbers can match Wade's last season. At the least, his numbers will match last season's. I don't see it dropping at all.

Lillard - People already know, but he's going to compete with Davis for ROY. He plays with a lot of confidence. He doesn't seem shy at all, and I'd draft him just to give me another excuse to watch him play.

Forwards/Centers:

Asik- I seem to be the only person who thinks this guy is a sleeper. I liked what I saw in him in Chicago. Defensively I'm expecting his numbers to go higher than that off what we've seen in pre-season. Offensively, he has the potential to be decent if he can play the PnR nearly as efficiently as Chandler did with Lin. He's already shown a lot of what can do on the boards.

Roy Hibbert - This guy always seems to be a sleeper for me. Of course, that could just be me overestimating him, but his numbers constantly improve every year. I doubt this year will be an exception. Everything about him is solid.

Agree/Disagree?

Harden i think now is the third sg off the board, behind both Kobe and Wade. He will average 25ppg. People dont seem to know that he averaged 16ppg off only 10 shots a game last year. Now being the main guy he will get atleast 15-20 shots a game and should average 25 easy.

My other two big sleepers sorta this year is Evan Turner and Al Horford. Now with Iggy, Meeks, Williams, and even Brand gone fro Philly i think its both Turner and Jrue time to shine and they both will. Turner will finally be a full time starter, and will make it seem Iggy never left.

Al Horford will hopefully stay healthy, and now with Johnson gone will be asked to score more and will fill that role nicely.

I'm in two leagues. One I really like my team, the other I like my team but I'm not as confident with it.

My first team has:

Tony Parker

Eric Gordon

Carmelo Anthony

Tim Duncan

Chris Kaman

Demar Derozan

Deandre Jordan

Ed Davis

Jarrett Jack

Corey Maggette

Moe Harkless

This league has 20 teams so I think I did a pretty good job with it. The lineup has 1 slot for every starting 5 position, and 5 bench spots (Harkless is on IR thats why I have 11 players). It was an offline draft and you had to choose one team that you started with your choice of player from that team. I chose the Knicks and Melo.

My second league I have:

Kyrie Irving

Demar Derozan

Brandon Roy

Chris Bosh

Tim Duncan

Tony Parker

Paul Millsap

Kenneth Faried

Jason Terry

Bradley Beal

Andrew Bynum

Jonas Valanciunas

Jared Dudley

Andre Miller

Kirk Hinrich

The lineup is 1 spot for each position, 1 extra guard spot, 1 extra forward spot and 3 UTIL's and 5 bench spots.It was a regular online draft.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention the 2nd league is a keeper league from last year. My keepers I started with were Irving, Parker, Bosh, Derozan, Bynum and Millsap I think.

Edited by DunkinDerozan

First time playing h2h but do I have to adjust the roster everyday to start those who play or is it like roto where they punish if you do that. Also have 4 team adds but I don't know what that means.

Yeah you edit the roster every day. I don't know about Yahoo, but on ESPN you can edit your lineups in as many days in advance as you want. I usually do a couple days at a time

Thanks man.

Also, Chandler Parsons is getting a lot of minutes. He's pretty versatile so I'm thinking he's a good pick up from free agency. Another sleeper is Aminu. He seems to have gotten a decent role in NO.

I'm thinking of swapping either Tony Allen or Courtney Lee for Parsons. Courtney Lee in particular isn't producing well, and once Bradley comes back, his value will go down even more. Should I?

Thanks man.

Also, Chandler Parsons is getting a lot of minutes. He's pretty versatile so I'm thinking he's a good pick up from free agency. Another sleeper is Aminu. He seems to have gotten a decent role in NO.

I'm thinking of swapping either Tony Allen or Courtney Lee for Parsons. Courtney Lee in particular isn't producing well, and once Bradley comes back, his value will go down even more. Should I?

I'm a little skeptical about Parsons right now. Although I think i'd probably drop Courtney Lee for him. He's got a lot more potential for minutes then Lee does.

EDIT: Also I have a question. Should I drop Jeremy Lamb for Jae Crowder?

Edited by DunkinDerozan

I say take for Crowder. He's going to get a good amount of minutes until Dirk comes back, and since he'll play the stretch 4 he'll be pretty versatile. Lamb will take a while to break out if he even does. He's still playing behind Thabo and Kevin Martin. So he's basically battling Perry Jones (SF/PF) for the back up SF position for maybe 5-10 mins a game between the two.

Actually, Kaman coming back may affect Crowder's minutes as well, but I'd stlil take Crowder over Lamb.

Edited by Lemon

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...