MJ Opens Up About The 'Cats

Jordan opens up about the Bobcats

http://i.imgur.com/cdz4P.png

Bobcats majority owner and chairman Michael Jordan sat down with the Charlotte Observer today to speak about a variety of changes the Bobcats have undergone and looking forward to the season ahead and beyond. Jordan was especially keen to bring up how much he likes Dunlap and his coaching style. It's no stretch to make even without Jordan's public endorsement. Looking back at Jordan's playing career and his penchant for perfection down to the minutiae of the game, this makes sense.

"I felt good about what Coach Dunlap was actually doing, all the little things that seemingly have been our biggest issue in the past. ... Boxing out. Making good passes. Utilizing each other's talents. Understanding basic basketball. Pivots. Things that basketball fans don't see as often, but if you look at good teams, those are good things that happen in the game." (...)

MJ also touched on why the team selected Michael Kidd-Gilchrist:

"What I saw in the kid was his potential. He's a very versatile guy. His demeanor, his motivation for playing the game was something I could identify with. He loves to play. He plays hard. Success has been part of his life in terms of a basketball scenario. And if he succeeds as everybody expects him to, he's going to be a connector. He can connect a lot of different talent together and be successful.

I've said this in the past and I say it loosely obviously: He reminds me of Scottie Pippen because he can do so many different facets and he can connect a lot of different, talented players. Whereas if we looked at other guys - I looked at [Thomas] Robinson, who I think is going to be a great player - but can he connect? Can he connect the different pieces? (...)

When you look at the way our league is, you have some players who are capable of doing this. Now I'm only going to say this as recognizing and identifying guys: LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, all these guys play multiple positions, they know how to involve everyone, they know how to lead, they have the work ethic, this is what I saw about this kid that can be very beneficial to this organization, especially where we are and where we're trying to go."

RufusOnFire.com

Edited by Sħãlïq