Magic start the season up with a bang!

JMEWLS

Okay so I thought i'd post a little blog entry I did for my own site, if you guys don't accept it just remove the links or something but I thought I'd raise a few things from the players after tonights game. So feel free to agree or disagree.

http://www.sportsagentblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Glen-Davis.jpg

For the newbies to the site you may not know that I'm a huge Orlando Magic fan and posting within the forums I've just done a little recap of tonights game from some key players in the game. We where undersized, undermanned and underdogs coming into the game but we won convincingly through sheer will and determination. The team played with a chip on it's shoulder. Here's how it all panned out:

Firstly, what a statement game by the Magic.

We've just seen how underrated JJ Redick as a passer as numerous people are surprised by his performance as both and scorer and a distributor. It looks as though he's going to be a key bench player in the Magic. Could we go as far to say that he's in the running for 6th man of the year? Now that Harden has become a starter.

Sucks that Hedo Turkoglu fractured his hand though, that's going to suck. he was playing very well in the minutes he was on the floor. Driving to the rim at ease, passing well, being patient. Reminiscent of the Hedo we've seen back in 09 for sure.

So many great things you can take out of the game today.

E'Twaun Moore is the real deal, he's going to get huge minutes off the bench this season he's a huge scoring threat off the bench and he has the ability to guard the more athletic and bigger point guards in the league. The Magic's point guard play has lacked a lot of things the last few seasons but finally we've found a guy who can do a little bit of everything.

Jameer Nelson looked nice. Shooting well again not settling for jumpshots and he's passing great!

Andrew Nicholson looked decent in his first game, not much to watch though but in his time on the court he did everything write. A few bad fouls but that's a given with a lack of experience. McRoberts surprised me by actually playing in our undermanned front court, hustle players and that alley oop was cool.

Afflalo was probably more disappointing then surprising. But he's only been back on the court for a week or so playing at 100%. So I did expect him to come out slow. He's picking his shots though, nothing seemed to fall. I can also see why he's rated as one of the better defenders in the league.

Finally Glen Davis. The guys post moves come plentiful now he's looking like a beast both defensively and offensively. I'm not sure if he's gonna be the franchise cornerstone of the our team but he's definitely going to be a big man for the future plans. The guys just all energy and he makes the team play harder whenever he's on the court. I'm loving how he's also not settling for jumpshots now and he's banging the post. Seriously surprised me with that performance. Looks like he's gotten even better since the last series. Worked on his stamina, he can play much longer without looking lethargic. And the guys rebounding tremendously for an undersized big.

Magic are looking good coming into the season!

http://nbadimensions.net/forums/content/magic-open-season-bang-330/

• Owner

Haha, you're fine, dude...nobody is going to remove the link. It's all good.

I watched a little bit of the game. I'll be honest...I think it's that teams are going to look at Orlando and not know what to expect, not understanding who to defend, things like that. It was similar to Cleveland, the first season after LeBron left, when they walked into their home opener against the Celtics (who just came out of the NBA Finals) and beat them 95-87.

Those Cavaliers were actually 7-9 at one point...and then, BAM...8-45. The Varejao injury was huge, but another issue was the fact that teams found out who was going to be their primary scorer, how they were going to run their offense, who would be their defensive anchor (even though most of us already knew that), etc.

So, with Orlando, I'll expect teams to watch film and start to figure them out, also. I won't say the Magic will end up with just 19 wins (like Cleveland did), because they have a bit more talent to escape a season similar to that one, pending injuries (and you just lost Hedo for a while), but tonight did show me how they are going to play...yet, it also showed the other 29 coaches.

I really didn't think they'd beat Denver, though. Afflalo and Nelson shot poorly, but damn, the entire Nuggets roster (anyone that was important) shot as bad as those two did for Orlando, and Iguodala is struggling to fit in. Credit the Magic's defense, too...and just the team stepping up in general, without Harkless, Ayon, and Harrington.